• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

Cages, Options?

Headling

Hi Guys, Just after some advice really, I want to cage my track day 205, I have seen the OMP cages, they seem ok and will do the job but I would prefer something a bit beefier, something like the cage in 'Sound of Silence' car in the members project section.

I can weld it in btw.

Oh and I dont want to spend over £600, if i had lots of cash id love an x sport cage!

I have seen a nice cage on Custom Cages site, just wondering if there were any other ones on the market worth a look??

swordfish210

Safety Devices do some really nice "off the shelf" cages for the 205. I've got on OMP one myself but i recently had it modifed by Colin Satchell to be more effective. As standard it's not the best of cages.

Cloverleaf

I know you say you can weld it in but do you mean 'you' can weld it or you can have a weld in cage?! If you can weld it in yourself I vote custom cages ;)

Headling

Thanks for the advice, I can weld and also have access to a friend who is a coded welder and is pretty handy! So getting it fitted won't be a problem

The customs cages one has a bar running behind the dash, is it a case of taking a chunk out the dash board to get to fit back in neatly??

Does the saftey devices cage have this bar?? Where is a good place to look at prices of the Saftey Devices cages??

Baz

The SD cages are mainly off the shelf bolt in (to welded plates) type, and alot cheaper than many of the custom jobs, R+D (CC) Xsport etc are a bit more srious hence the massive price hike. I personally think for the best off the shelf VFM just go SD, hence why i have a few!

You have to go to listed stockists to get them, WMMS, AB Motorsport etc. Although i have a nice reconditioned C12 and a c44 rear for sale too... :ph34r:

monty69

Hope its not a daft question, but how does having a cage fitted affect removing the dashboard for heater matrix job? Im looking into buying a cage at the mo and weighing up the pros and cons of sd and omp.

Edited by monty69

Baz

Depends which you go for, alot of off the shelf bolt-ins don't interfere with the h/matrix.