• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stumeek

Cold Start Problem

stumeek

My 1990 1.9 start's from cold, but stops the moment you take your foot off the throttle, it won't idle at start up. Give it time to warm up and come to normal operating temp and it's fine, but that means sitting there for ten minutes before you can drive. I've done the plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm, air filter, fuel filter, now coming to the conclusion that the SAD might be U/S, anyone got any Ideas?

Tom Fenton

Sounds like you could well be on the right track, have an investigate of the SAD and see how you get on, it may just be gunked up and want a good clean out, the same goes for all the passages in the throttle body itself.

GLPoomobile
anyone got any Ideas?

Yeah, check the SAD. But you've already thought of that ;)

pugdamo

youre right SAD sounds like the culprit,take it off and check the disc inside,it should have a hole in the shape of a slice of cake (yummy,lol) then connect it to a battery,i does take a while when you havnt got any heat from the engine to warm it up aswell,but after a while the disc inside should turn and close

Sign in to follow this