• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Fitting Buckets And Harness

TaffyTim

Ive just picked up these on the weekend and hope to fit them this comming weekend.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry912225

When fitting the seats will the present bolts be ok or will i neeed to get new bolts to fix the seats down.

Im presuming that the shoulder harnesses will fix into the rear seat belts positions and the side harnesses will fix to where the seatbelts are now, but really I haven't much of an idea of how or where, can anyone give some pointers and again if I'll need any new bolts/fixings.

Ta

Tim

Peetypug

i just bought the same seats in black

they came slide brackets fitted and 2 mounting plates for each seat

i've got them fitted for now, the only problem is that fitting them to the standard seat mount holes is that my head is quite close to the roof and the roll cage when its fitted

Cloverleaf

The standard bolts are fine and your correct about the harness mounting points. I'm sure you are aware about the weak OE seat mounts tho and the angle harnesses should be at etc etc but for simply fitting them with out modifying anything you're right.

TaffyTim
i just bought the same seats in black

they came slide brackets fitted and 2 mounting plates for each seat

i've got them fitted for now, the only problem is that fitting them to the standard seat mount holes is that my head is quite close to the roof and the roll cage when its fitted

I have read about height issues but as im only 5' 9'' then im hoping i'll get away with it :D

TaffyTim
The standard bolts are fine and your correct about the harness mounting points. I'm sure you are aware about the weak OE seat mounts tho and the angle harnesses should be at etc etc but for simply fitting them with out modifying anything you're right.

I am aware of the weak mounts but ta for pointing it out.

Ive just read that th eharness should be at 20 deg is this right?

Do I need to get some Eyebolts for the side of the harnesses? If so what ones/sizes?

For the shoulder straps will the bolts that hold the rear seatbelt fixings be useable to hold the straps in?

Peetypug
I have read about height issues but as im only 5' 9'' then im hoping i'll get away with it :D

i'm only 5' 7"ish :mellow:

EdCherry

Get some proper seat mounts welded in across from the exhaust tunnle to the sill. You'll be thankful if you crash or are crashed into!

Atari Boy

I have just bought a set of these too, I am 6'1" and can't even get in the car with them fitted to the oe mounts.

New lower mounts time.....

TaffyTim
Get some proper seat mounts welded in across from the exhaust tunnle to the sill. You'll be thankful if you crash or are crashed into!

This really is th eplan in the future but for this weekend I just want them in so i get get shot of the interior.

Out of interest where could i get this done and what cost will it bring??

in ref to fixing the Harnesses on the side ive spotted these on ebay, will i need these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Harness-Eye-Bol...A1%7C240%3A1318

EdCherry

You could speak to Miles he isnt that far from Bournemouth. Another thing is just go to your local garage with good facilities, most of them will have a qualified welder and just tell them what you want, provide them with a picture or two of how its been done before and im sure they could knock it up for you.

Rough price? I dunno id call it 60-80 possibly more.

Why not get rid of the interior and just keep the standard seat till you can get the mounts to put? just a thought for safety and keeping your floor pan in a good state.

Those eye bolts are similar to the ones that came with my harnesses, if not identical.

TaffyTim
You could speak to Miles he isnt that far from Bournemouth. Another thing is just go to your local garage with good facilities, most of them will have a qualified welder and just tell them what you want, provide them with a picture or two of how its been done before and im sure they could knock it up for you.

Rough price? I dunno id call it 60-80 possibly more.

Why not get rid of the interior and just keep the standard seat till you can get the mounts to put? just a thought for safety and keeping your floor pan in a good state.

Those eye bolts are similar to the ones that came with my harnesses, if not identical.

Miles admits he is not too hot with a welder (lack of recent practice not lack of skill apparently :) ) so a local garage it'll be then.

I dont use the car daily as its unreliability forced me to get something Japanese, so the saftey isn't an issue as long as i get it done before my next track day.

I'll get them eyes ordered up then.

TaffyTim

I have the seats and harnesses in but only have mountings for 3 of the 4 harness points. The shoulder straps and the points to the outside of the car on both seats are fine but the point that leads to the hanbrake is currently flapping like a spaniels ear.

Where do I monut these too?

Ta

jplautomotive

yeah when i did mine i welded a similer thing to my tunnel one each side

jonny