• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Throttle Body

mhyphenl

I've got a 1.9 XU9JAZ engine with lots of pipes going in and out of the throttle body. 2 water pipes, the Air con thingy :D , the small pipe to the carbon canister via the electro valve but theres another small hose coming from the bottom with a knot tied in it! Tickover is fine so no leaks but what is it for?

Tom Fenton

Pic would help us here

mhyphenl
Pic would help us here

Going to fiddle tomorrow, give the TB a good clean so will take a pic tomorrow.

t16ryan
I've got a 1.9 XU9JAZ engine with lots of pipes going in and out of the throttle body. 2 water pipes, the Air con thingy :D , the small pipe to the carbon canister via the electro valve but theres another small hose coming from the bottom with a knot tied in it! Tickover is fine so no leaks but what is it for?

Sounds like your vacuum pipe has been blocked, is there a pipe on the distributor advance ?? The other 2 coolant pipes arnt really needed in this country and i usually run them without and bypass it :(

mhyphenl
Sounds like your vacuum pipe has been blocked, is there a pipe on the distributor advance ?? The other 2 coolant pipes arnt really needed in this country and i usually run them without and bypass it :(

Interesting, there is no vaccum advance on my distributer. Its a motronic 1.3 so I was under the impression that there was no vaccum advance on the Motronic. That probably means that the throttle body is wrong or that there should be vaccum advance. Will I ever get this car original :D . Its definately the size of connector that vaccum would connect to.

PS what does feeding the water through the TB actually do??

Ryan
PS what does feeding the water through the TB actually do??

Hot air mixes with the fuel better, although it probably makes no difference worth measuring.

welshpug

it stops the throttle body from Icing up in cold countries, the modern day equivalent on most pug engines is a small 12v heater the size of a 5 pence coin.

DamirGTI

The dizzy is , well , "hollow" on a Motronic car :( so , no bob weights , no springs , no vacuum capsule/advance , no pick up coil ... - nothing apart from the shaft and the rotor arm .. spark is ECU controlled so the "dizzy" is there simply for transferring spark across the dizzy cap terminals .

Additional unused union on the TB is for connecting vacuum testing gauge as far as i'm aware :D cross connection of the coolant pipes trough TB was designed for cold climates (in order to preheat the inducted air) but if you wish you can re-route the pipes directly from the thermostat housing on the exp. bottle ..

Damir :P

mhyphenl
The dizzy is , well , "hollow" on a Motronic car :mellow: so , no bob weights , no springs , no vacuum capsule/advance , no pick up coil ... - nothing apart from the shaft and the rotor arm .. spark is ECU controlled so the "dizzy" is there simply for transferring spark across the dizzy cap terminals .

Additional unused union on the TB is for connecting vacuum testing gauge as far as i'm aware :D cross connection of the coolant pipes trough TB was designed for cold climates (in order to preheat the inducted air) but if you wish you can re-route the pipes directly from the thermostat housing on the exp. bottle ..

Damir B)

Thanks mate, thats what i wanted to hear. Its very difficult, especially on the later DKZ models to be sure whats correct as the info even from Peugeot is so patchy. Haynes say there should be a double barrel on the TB but I've yet to see one! I've got a "new" AFM and Lambda to put in tomorrow buut want to clean up the TB and make sure there are no leaks to see if I can get the K light to go off. My only remaining worry is the condition of the injectors as the car is harder to start when warm as though they've leaked and flooded the engine.

DamirGTI

Yes "Haynes joke book" states that this engine has double barrel TB :) .. and that's wrong .

Get the injectors tested first on the ultrasonic machine , if they seem to be fine clean them and re-check the flow/spray pattern afterwards once again .. but the K light will most probably be fubared lambda sensor (or sensor wiring/connectors) , especially if the engine has had blown head gasket problem in the past as the coolant/antifreeze usually destroys the sensor when it gets into the exhaust system ...

Damir :lol:

Edited by DamirGTI

mhyphenl
Yes "Haynes joke book" states that this engine has double barrel TB :lol: .. and that's wrong .

Get the injectors tested first on the ultrasonic machine , if they seem to be fine clean them and re-check the flow/spray pattern afterwards once again .. but the K light will most probably be fubared lambda sensor (or sensor wiring/connectors) , especially if the engine has had blown head gasket problem in the past as the coolant/antifreeze usually destroys the sensor when it gets into the exhaust system ...

Damir B)

Cheers for all your comments guys, just one thought. Got a small leak on a rad hose, noticed while working on her. I filled the expansion tank while she was running and over didt it a bit but when the water got to the top the engine hiccuped and the exhaust got steamy, no other symptoms but could that be a head gasket failure, i've never had a subtle one before only major blows!

Sign in to follow this