• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

What Is This Bracket?

humanz

I have no idea of what this bracket is for. It was bolted onto the sump pan of my 1.6 engine. The front of the bracket is the area you see with the large rectangular hole and the two ovals (used to access the bolts on the sump pan. It was fitted below the alternator. I thought it might've had something to do with a/c, but I'm not sure, as everyone's been telling me that the a/c compressor mounting points are integral to the sump pans used in 205s with a/c.

Does anyone recognise this bracket? If you do, can you shed some light on it for me?

Cheers.

post-7319-1234851283_thumb.jpg

mattbenselin

Could it be a bracket someone has made to fit an ac pump to your sump because it didn't have the correct mounting hardware?

Grim.Badger

Can't think of anything it could be other than an A/C bracket but it doesn't match anything I can find on the parts catalogue for the A/C :)

Could you put up a picture of where it was mounted?

humanz
Could you put up a picture of where it was mounted?

I'll get a picture later this week. But basically, it mounted on the front o/s corner of the sump pan. The bolts holding the sump pan to the block also held this bracket to the sump. So when it was installed, the front O/S corner of the sump was hidden.

jplautomotive

yeah it was for a a/c pump , sore a few of these a long time ago on after market a/c used to be a place near me that fitted them . like 10 or 12 years ago

Grim.Badger

I expect then that if the sump bolts held it up then it is probably an aftermarket A/C bracket.

humanz
I expect then that if the sump bolts held it up then it is probably an aftermarket A/C bracket.

I guess then, that the aftermarket a/c wasn't run off the timing belt?

So should I keep this bracket? Or should I continue trying to get my hands on a sump pan with mounting points for a peugeot compressor? A guy local to me offered me one, but I haven't heard him in a little while...