• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

2.0 Bosch Ecu Re Map, Is It Possible

Headling

Hi Guys, havent been on here for a while, been enjoying my turbo 205! Anyway read in PPC this month about a company that can re map any ecu, cant remeber the name of them! but my question is has any one been to one of these re map companys and had a play with the 2.0 t ecu??

Or is it a case of wedging out for Omex etc??

mrswampy

i have sent several emails and left voicemails on chipwizards systems about this and never had a reply

wonder if petert can do anything to go with his cams

pug_ham

Wayne isn't great at answering emails but a usually quick phone call or text could get you a definate answer although I should think it is re-mappable.

Lots of the newer ecu's can be so I'd be surprised if this one can't.

Graham.

welshpug

one thing I would say myself, from seeing other peoples experiences with getting o.e systems mapped, is that its fine for a one off basis, like the supercharged gti6 conversions, where there aren't many variables.

but when you start looking at turbos, different injectors larger intercoolers different exhaust manifolds etc etc, and the constant evolution of many projects, aftermarket management makes so much more sense.

you can;

a) do the basic setup yourself

;) do the mapping yourself if you are confident enough.

c) if B doesn't apply, the mapping cost is significantly less, especially the second-third-fourth time etc, for mapping an O.E system there is a one off charge, that's the same every time as a new chip has to be flashed each time, not like aftermarket where you can fiddle and alter the map as you go along.

d) aftermarket management, like LSD's, hold their value as they are so much an universal part, unlike an ECU that has a specific map that costs circa £400 to change if it doesn't suit your engine.

oops, I went on a bit :)

Edited by welshpug

Henry Yorke

The cost difference is also quite significant.

£400 all in for a standard ECU remap, RR etc. Any future adjustments should be a bit less as they solder a removable chip socket into the ECU

£500 for ECU, Build and fit loom (£150+) then rolling road tune (£200). Granted there are better residuals on an after market loom, but that is working on the assumption that you will break your car and not sell it on whole, if you are to sell it at all!

I believe a bigger Motorola MAP sensor can be added to this ECU then remapped, which will allow it to take more than a bar of boost. Magic did this with some of his cars with great success.

Headling

Thanks for the replys guys, I can see what you mean about costs of getting the std ecu played with, looks like it would be worth saving for stand alone ecu, thats after cage etc!

My turbo is over fueling I think, it spits the odd flame and back fires now and again, good fun but i was thinking i could get a few more bhp with a re map/proper ecu!