• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Accelerator Cable Routing?

Masekwm

Not so much a problem that I know of, but more of a query.

Whilst working on my fuel pipe and filter today, I noticed that the accelerator cable took a very strange route.

I remember that my old car, looked like the picture in the articles and I've drawn on this image the route mine takes...

enginebaybh8.jpg

I'm guessing it shouldn't go the way it is going? So I will correct it next weekend, but would it be causing an issue?

pug_ham

Thats a strange routing, usually they run underneath the inlet manifold in a straight line to the throttle quadrant on the TB like in the picture.

Does your throttle work OK & not particularly heavy / sticky or anything?

Graham.

Masekwm

Hi Graham,

Thanks for replying. It's had a huge flatspot which I've been trying to eliminate. Basically the old kangerooing and little control over low rev power.

I've rerouted it today, my diagram didn't make it clear but it did then come under the inlet and to the throttle body. The cable has been damaged probably by the heat of the engine so will need replacing.

I shall see if I notice a difference this weekend.

Sign in to follow this