• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Trick

Manifold On Mi16

Trick

My manifold doesnt appear to fit snug enough on my mi16.

Basically i had this car converted a few years ago, and still havent even covered 3000 miles in it.

Some niggly things i need to sort out with it, but no spare time these days.

One thing is the manifold, when im driving i can hear it leaking, i cant even hear my carbs - which was the whole idea!

Stupid question, but is the manifold supposed to connect snug to the downpipe, as we know its connected with those bolts on springs to allow it to move, but i can tighten it up anymore than it is. im wondering if i just have to buy a new flippin manifold. i want to hear my carbs!!

Baz

The springs lose their length over time, then allowing the nuts to be done up to the shoulder on the bolts, not providing enough clamping force to keep the downpipe against the manifold under pressure, so you may need new springs/sealing kit.

Trick
The springs lose their length over time, then allowing the nuts to be done up to the shoulder on the bolts, not providing enough clamping force to keep the downpipe against the manifold under pressure, so you may need new springs/sealing kit.

cheers, will give that a whirl first.

presumably a pug part - or is there a standard copy?

welshpug

there are standard replacements but not many are a match to the o.e quality, the price isnt much more either.

Miles

Could also be a badly fitted/welded D/P seen that a few times too

Sign in to follow this