• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Carbon Fibre Effect

hcmini1989

has anyone got any pics of a carbon fibre bonnet on a 205 as ive just decidd to get mine sprayed so its been sent of this morning but having my doubts now lol all ready had my spoiler done and that look great just a bonnet is a little more noticible

hcmini1989
has anyone got any pics of a carbon fibre bonnet on a 205 as ive just decidd to get mine sprayed so its been sent of this morning but having my doubts now lol all ready had my spoiler done and that look great just a bonnet is a little more noticible

allso ive sen the pictures off real crbon and it looks great but the painted ones look more like the viynil froom halfords lol

Cameron

What? Are you getting it sprayed to look like carbon?

madant_uk

show some pictures of the spoiler you have had done, i cant understand how it will be sprayed?

platty

Carbon fibre paint?

Do the manufacturers also make Tartan paint? :rolleyes:

hcmini1989
Carbon fibre paint?

Do the manufacturers also make Tartan paint? :rolleyes:

lol ill load some pictures up off the spoiler tonight

16v205

You can get carbon effect vinyl for a few quid a metre which doesnt look too bad, cheap makes look rubbish though.

Rich

Edited by 16v205

hcmini1989

010.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

try them they should work

hcmini1989

ill stick some pics up of then bonnet when i get it back to see what you think

Gentrix

is this a piece of ply-wood?

why is it protruding the chassis?

:rolleyes:

hcmini1989

lol yeah its quite big lol its fibreglass i got it free with some side skirts lol i think it may have been a dimma one but missing the side bits may not even be of a 205 and im not sure wether to keep it

madant_uk

Yer its supposed to be a three piece spoiler from a dimma, still cant work out how its sprayed?

hcmini1989

well if anyone wants anything painting i can give you the contact detials of the guy doing them he chrged me 50 quid to do the spoiler and 150 to do my bonet and fill dent in the bonnet

Cameron

It's a bit.. gay, isn't it? Fake carbon fiber is bad mkay, you couldhave saved your money to buy some real carbon bits.

projectpug

And it does look like the stick/on stuff too? I can't see how thats painted on?

And yes i agree with Cameron's comment that if it isn't real don't make it look like something it isnt :blush:

hcmini1989

yeah its not real carbon fibre but how many carbon fibre dimma spoiler do you see and its half the price to get the bonet painted plus it wont start bowing out at speed and im not to sure but would carbon fibre flex there fore paint cracking

platty

Not sure what you mean about paint cracking, but Carbon Fibre is stronger than steel, and lighter than aluminium, hence aircraft, car, and boat manufacturers using it extensively.

I've got to stop watching the discovery channels :D

McDude

IMO carbon fibre looks wrong on most cars and extra specially wrong on an old car like a 205.

Fake carbon fibre? Now that's just ghey!

Nathan
lol yeah its quite big lol its fibreglass i got it free with some side skirts lol i think it may have been a dimma one but missing the side bits may not even be of a 205 and im not sure wether to keep it

Def get rid of, it looks a f'ing hideuos air brake! What do you want a spoiler for on the back of a fwd hatch for?

Real carbon fibre, spot the difference :D

post-8560-1234787943_thumb.jpg

Jrod

Would that fit a 205? :D

eddie bullit
010.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

try them they should work

:D that's bonkers!! prob. looks ok with all the windows down listening to n dubz at full blast :D:lol:

Edited by eddie bullit

hcmini1989
:lol: that's bonkers!! prob. looks ok with all the windows down listening to n dubz at full blast :lol::lol:

lol yeah maybe not sure wether to keep it we

hcmini1989
:lol: that's bonkers!! prob. looks ok with all the windows down listening to n dubz at full blast :lol::lol:

lol yeah maybe not sure wether to keep it well see my bonnet is ready so ill throw some pics of that on tommorow i ment if you painted over carbon fibre the pint might crack as i read it flexis and it might be stronger than steel but on a mini for example i hve a flip front and the carbon fibe ones tendid to bow out on the wings at speed so i thought carbon bonnet would do the same when it got the wind under it i mean given the choice i would have got a real carbon bonnet but there to expensive and for the people who said stop trying to make it look like something its not why make dimma bodykits as the car will never be a real dimma

Gentrix
why make dimma bodykits as the car will never be a real dimma

... it will never be a T16 midengined spaceframed monster - but only a Dimma

omega
Def get rid of, it looks a f'ing hideuos air brake! What do you want a spoiler for on the back of a fwd hatch for?

Real carbon fibre, spot the difference :lol:

that does look nice and i dont like carbon fibre!!!