• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bensonmi

Wher To Buy And What To Have?

bensonmi

basicly iv got some spax adjustable front shocks.They are bare so i thought before fitting them, instead of using used tired parts get some new parts on there.

can anybody recomend what to use? are standard top mounts and rubbers good enough or is there any thing better out there?

iv seen firmer top mount rubbers on ebay nut are they really any different? and do i need to get new bump stops (if any) to go on.plus if theres any thing else iv not thought of please let me know. also, is there any one on here selling what i need that gives forum discount? i have no idea of prices yet but the cheaper the better!

cheers

Rupertfinch

Baker Bushes and Mounts would be a great place to look. They offer 'fast road' and Group N topmounts and you get a 10% discount for belonging to this forum. I've had 2 sets of solid rear mounts, a set of fast road top mounts and gear bushes off them and their quality is very good - as is the service. Ignore the postage telling you it will be 7 quid - there's some sort of problem with their system (although it may be fixed by now), I think it's about £3.50.

Look up the 'Group Buys' section in the for sale thread as it gives the code to enter at the checkout.

Be sure to also get some new bearings while you're at it. SKF brand are considered the best. And if you're really in the mood I'd recommend changing your droplinks (can really recommend Motaquip for quality, I used to supply these but have stopped, you should still be able to get them for a good price contact Motaquip themselves for a location of a dealer near you).

Anything else...don't go without bumpstops - I'd get on to Peugeot, they're only a few quid. Then a wire brush and a tin of hammerite to tart up all the other metallic gubbins and you'll really have yourself a nice bit of front suspension! Should bring a grin to anyones face.

Mark

Edited by Rupertfinch

miamichris

^^^^ what Mark said! or you can get the suspension parts zinc coated if you're a bit sad, like me :)

Rupertfinch

Mmmm zinc coated. Only for tarts! :)

bensonmi

nice 1 cheers, all the info i was after! time to start pricing it up.

thanks! :)

bensonmi
Baker Bushes and Mounts would be a great place to look. They offer 'fast road' and Group N topmounts and you get a 10% discount for belonging to this forum. I've had 2 sets of solid rear mounts, a set of fast road top mounts and gear bushes off them and their quality is very good - as is the service. Ignore the postage telling you it will be 7 quid - there's some sort of problem with their system (although it may be fixed by now), I think it's about £3.50.

Look up the 'Group Buys' section in the for sale thread as it gives the code to enter at the checkout.

Be sure to also get some new bearings while you're at it. SKF brand are considered the best. And if you're really in the mood I'd recommend changing your droplinks (can really recommend Motaquip for quality, I used to supply these but have stopped, you should still be able to get them for a good price contact Motaquip themselves for a location of a dealer near you).

Anything else...don't go without bumpstops - I'd get on to Peugeot, they're only a few quid. Then a wire brush and a tin of hammerite to tart up all the other metallic gubbins and you'll really have yourself a nice bit of front suspension! Should bring a grin to anyones face.

Mark

ok got a few more questions about this again :rolleyes:

iv foun d the discount code for bbm,found the rubbers on ebay, but how can i use this code on ebay?? as i got money to burn in my paypal account so would like to use that if i can!

also had a look for the bearings but couldnt find where to get the appropriate ones,do i just get them from a place like partco along with the drop links? thanks again :mellow:

Masekwm

Bump Stops - I found Peugeot didn't stock them now and had to go to Autofive.

Purchase the mounts from the BBM website, they then email you for payment via paypal.

Bearings get them from GSF they stock SKF ones, they are listed under Berlingo,

Rupertfinch

If you're off to GSF you may be able to most of these parts there. Lemforder droplinks are also recommended by many - just insist they supply these brands otherwise refuse. Have you tried any Motaquip stockists near you?

There is a possibility that I may have another set of Motaquip droplinks available (depending on whether someone gets back to me in a day or two), they'd be £40 delivered. Let me know if you'd be interested.

bensonmi
If you're off to GSF you may be able to most of these parts there. Lemforder droplinks are also recommended by many - just insist they supply these brands otherwise refuse. Have you tried any Motaquip stockists near you?

There is a possibility that I may have another set of Motaquip droplinks available (depending on whether someone gets back to me in a day or two), they'd be £40 delivered. Let me know if you'd be interested.

just bought the rubbers of bbm :blush: found the parts on gsf so going to compare the prices at a local place and see if they are the brands recomended to me,i will get back to you on those drop links and thanks both for your help :( cant wait to get them all on now!