• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

Wiring In A Heated Front Screen

Rom

Im fitting my new screen on friday when i get my car back.

Its a UroGlass screen, has 4 black wires, 1 at the top, and 1 at the bottom of each element.

Ive got a new switch (as i have a 5 hole switch panel to fill).

From what ive managed to find on here, they draw close to 20 amps per element ? I dont know if i should use 1 40 amp relay, or 2 20 amps. And not quite sure how to configure the wiring for it.

Where to join the 2 element wires for the switch etc.

I can figure it out on the day, id just like to know how others went about it.

Cheers

Chris

A2TheA

where did you get this screen from? we're in the process of a group buy.

so this topic will come in handy soon. plus i think there is a topic telling you all the information. search for it im sure you'll find it.

Aaron

large

You need to think about this, if you join the wires you will change how much current they pull.

If you fit them in parallel then as you say they will pull about 40A. If you run them in series they will pull about 10A. If you can get away with it I would choose the later of the two (less current drain) as long as it clears the windscreen. If not I would run a relay for each element.

Rom

I got it off SPGti on here. I couldnt wait for the group buy originally, as my screen was leaking. Then i got it resprayed so wouldnt have mattered !

Anyway..

I dont know how to wire it really. I have to run both elements from one switch, other than that i cant decide anything. Hence the post.

I know people on here have these working, so hoping for some tried and tested experiances :)

Chris

welshpug

I would replicate the rear screen setup :rolleyes:

large
I would replicate the rear screen setup :angry:

I read that as "I would replace the rear screen set up"I just spent 5 min trying to thing of a nice way to ask what you are on WP. :rolleyes:

welshpug

replicate not replace :angry::rolleyes:

Phil H

Mine was fine with the two positives and two earths respectively joined. I used a chunky relay and screen cleared in under two mins. Just take an ignition feed to the switch, then out to the relay. The feed to the window came from the fuse box on the slam panel. Wire in the lighting feed for night time illumination and the switch should also light up when switched on.