• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SOUPED

Xu10j2te Turbo Conversion - Fueling Question

SOUPED

Hi all,

I'm thinking about updating the fuel pump. Would this be a worthwhile change. Bearing in mind I'll using standard management. This engine doesn't use a fuel pressure valve (don't know jus haven't checked) otherwise could do this as well.

Also Can someone point me in the direction or recommend someone who could do a remap on the standard management (I'm in London).

Another question entirely, on tthe standard management the boost is limited to 1 bar, I've been reading that this is due to stock map sensor. Is it possible to change this sensor and up the boost any more than 1 bar.

Thanks for your input,

SOUPED

B:

bales

All imo by the way;

1.) The standard fuel pump (205 one) as far as I am aware does a fine job unless you are going for big power, though you can up the fuel pressure by getting an adj FPR which will increase the capacity of the injectors. There are some tables about that give the ratings of the injectors with different fuel pressures. I wouldn't bother with the fuel pump but if you are running at a bar an adj fpr would help in making sure the top end doesn't run lean but you would be too rich in the mid-range without a remap - doesn't bother me though.

2.) I wouldn't bother with a remap, mine runs fine with just upped boost and has done for year and a half with no problems, plenty of other people have also run like this with no issues as the MAP sensor should read up to 1 bar anyway. Though as I mentioned earlier a cheap method would be to get on a rolling road with a adj FPR and check what the AFR's are like and if necessary up the fuel pressure a little to get rid of any lean spots.

3.) You could change the MAP sensor so it could read over a bar, but it wouldn't have any values to refer to so it wouldn't fuel correctly and would need to be remapped. Plus the standard turbo can't even hold a bar of boost to high revs so there would be absolutely no gain whatsoever to running even higher boost other than generating massive amounts of heat and losing power.

As I say on most of these sort of threads now before you start spending money on mods to make it quicker before its even finished just get it done and see what you think of it first. They never ever run right initially anyway and there will be lots of little niggly faults so I would get everything sorted first really.

If you are going to run more power than 1 bar anyway you really need a LSD to give any semblance of drivability in the wet...

SOUPED

Thanks for info mate,

Much appreciate the info.

Will obviuosly need to get everything up and running before I think about that.

Thankx again.

Souped B:

Sign in to follow this