• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gazzer

White Smoke

gazzer

if you get some white smoke from a diesel what can it be? not losing water or oil, no mixing of both, anyone have ideas

jplautomotive
if you get some white smoke from a diesel what can it be? not losing water or oil, no mixing of both, anyone have ideas

when does it do it ?

Mikey S

starting from cold or when its running?

could be either condensation, coolant or air in the fuel system.

Edited by pugger

jengis

obvious answer is condensation... but by "some white smoke" how much do you mean?

gazzer

not much , just some while running, i thought condensation or ater in the diesel

Mikey S
not much , just some while running, i thought condensation or ater in the diesel

its more than likely going to be condensation. if you have no coolant loss then its nothing much to worry about.

ORB

As with most derv faults, I advise taking car out and kicking its head in.

dirtdog

Unburnt fuel

gazzer

cheers lads thanks for all your coments, most helpful

DamirGTI

White smoke will be unburnt fuel , usually because of the lack of heat , things to look at in such case are : bad glow plugs , breakdown in the glow plug wiring/circuit , incorrectly adjusted injection pump , injection pump timing out or simply worn out pump .. if it's turbocharged diesel engine then it might be turbocharger faulty as well.. (in worst cases low cylinder compression or head gasket problem)

Damir :)

gazzer
White smoke will be unburnt fuel , usually because of the lack of heat , things to look at in such case are : bad glow plugs , breakdown in the glow plug wiring/circuit , incorrectly adjusted injection pump , injection pump timing out or simply worn out pump .. if it's turbocharged diesel engine then it might be turbocharger faulty as well.. (in worst cases low cylinder compression or head gasket problem)

Damir :)

its a turbo diesel, that i as thinking buying, but it seems more trouble than i thought, the bloke selling has no idea what it might be as the problems just started and he thinks its to bad to drive. so do i buy it cheep and try and fix it or leave well alone

DamirGTI

Which car is that ? :) is it "new one" , common rail diesel engined ?

Damir :lol:

Sign in to follow this