• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JeffR

J4rs Proven Engine Mods

JeffR

I recently picked up one of these engines with a snapped cambelt & since it'll need a full rebuild, I was wondering what effective 'bag-for-your-bucks' mods I can make along the way.

It will be for my day to day car a 306GTi6, so must remain driveable, with a wide spread of useable torque/power.

I'd like to keep it single throttle bodied & use the std ecu if possible. Could options include 3 angle seats, inlet port matching & head flow, perhaps a bigger t/body or more compression, different cam/s, longer stroke, bigger injectors or anything else?

I have a couple of 88mm Mi cranks, a s/steel 2 1/2" extractors back exhaust system, which if necessary could be used.

There is really no-one in Aust who can tune the MM ecu, except Magic who's 1600 kms away, so what level of mods can the std ecu cope with?

The second, less attractive option (cost wise) is another ecu say Euro1/MoTec/Haltec & a re-wire.

So if anyone has some experience as what will & won't work I'd welcome their input.

Thanks

Bakes100

Personally I would leave the head as it is, as its very good as standard.

A set of good cams and a proper remap or one of the ecu's you mention should see you to about 185-195bhp, although all the gains will be right at the top end of the rev range :rolleyes:

If you stay with the standard ecu/map you wont see that many gains from mods.

Edited by Bakes100

Sign in to follow this