• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Does 205 Bilstein Suspension Fit A 306?

Nathan

Does the 205 Bilstein suspension (mid price Sprintline stuff) also fit the 306? If so which models? And how much would it lower it by?

Cheers

Baz

Yes, using the 306 top mounts. :rolleyes:

Anthony

205 lowering springs will lower a 306 way too much in my opinion - certainly I've tried it the other way around (306 lowering springs on a 205) and it sat higher than standard! The rear dampers will fit straight on, but I'm not sure about the fronts - the damper itself will fit (using 306 top mounts as Baz said) but I suspect that the droplink is going to give you problems

Miles

You can;t use 205 lowering spring's on a 306, well you can but it will be somewhat LOW, As said rear damper's are a direct fit but the front's you;d have to try and see,

davepug205

Also the brackets for the drop links need moving if I can remember.

philfingers

I was led to believe that the bottom on the leg won't fit the hole in the hub as the 306 is bigger. I asked a while back with a view to fitting PTS stuff onto a rallye/Gti6. I've never tried tho (bought a 205!)