• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PaulJLLD

Gti-6 Engine Reliability

PaulJLLD

hi,

I will soon be starting my new 205 road rally project and im unsure if i should stick with my 8V out of my old car or put the gti-6 engine i got in.haveloom ecu etc from car but im unsure how reliable the engines are?

Anthony

They're generally not too bad.

Cambelts are a weak point and must be changed more regularly than the Peugeot specified intervals. Otherwise, so long as you get one that's been regularly serviced and that hasn't previously snapped a cambelt, they're not too bad - the odd engine management gremlin, big-end bearings can suffer on higher mileage ones, and if you're unlucky, the occasional catastophic piston failure (usually on engines that have previously snapped a cambelt from what I've seen though). Neglected ones can suffer bore wear, and ones that have previously snapped a cambelt can be a can of worms...

PaulJLLD

Thanks. engine ran very quit no top end noise etc. I was planning on rebuilding the engine if i was going to fit it.

Sign in to follow this