• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kaich

Lowering Radiator

DrSarty

I don't think it's a measured science, and we can just say 'lower it 48.7mm'.

A good guideline is to use the bottom of your front valence as the lowest it should go. Tom M and I and perhaps a few others went below that, in my case by about 50mm with the 2 rad mounting studs still on. I then ground those off so it was protruding 25-30mm below the front valence. This I then covered/hid/protected by fitting a cut-down Renault Laguna splitter.

So really you can lower it quite a lot (like we did), or somewhere in between. The most common method seems to be making some brackets that screw to the metal panels under the headlights which support the bottom of the rad. I doubt that any have been lowered in the same way; they're all custom fit.

Edited by DrSarty

philfingers

you don't have to lower it. You can move it forwards, which is what I did with mine and it all fits ok. I actually used a flap disc on the fan housing and made some quite severe cuts to it but it's all in now and running. Possibly some pics in my project folder at http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z143/oi...%20Rally%20Car/

kaich

thanks folks :blink:

I can't move forward because there is aircon radiator :rolleyes:

so I have to lower the radiator, basically I need only two new L brackets :blush: ; otherwise I can use a radiatore from another model (eg BX 16V?)

Regards

Sign in to follow this