• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJPMIKE

Rear Panel Question

AJPMIKE

Hi all,i'm about to replace the rear panel on my GTi,this is the one that is mounted on the hatch,and sits between the rear lights when closed.I'd like to know if they were always black,even on models with the grey bumpers and wheel arch trim etc,or were they also grey on these cars?I just cant seem to find any in Grey!!??

Also,does anyone know of a good source for the red trim insert for the front bumper?I saw a pattern part for this at a body shop yesterday and it didn't match well at all,so i'd rather get a genuine one.

Cheers,Mike

Rom

Red inserts are pretty cheap from Dealers. About £12 for bumpers ones last i checked.

My phase 1.5 (so grey trims) rear panel is a lot darker than the bumpers.

Service box lists the same part number for both.

Goliath

Red Front Bumper Trim Insert: Part number - 745184 - £16.09

Rear hatch panel: Part number - 874240 - £69.67 - Listed as 'Hurricane Grey' (I think that is ph1.5 grey?)

GLPoomobile

I don't think you can get pattern trim inserts. If it was a bad fit, more likely somone has mistakenly fitted a rear bumper insert to the front. Did it not quite fit to the ends of the bumper? About a cm too short per-chance?

AJPMIKE
I don't think you can get pattern trim inserts. If it was a bad fit, more likely somone has mistakenly fitted a rear bumper insert to the front. Did it not quite fit to the ends of the bumper? About a cm too short per-chance?

You can get a pattern trim stip,i saw the one in the suppliers,but it just seems to be a universal straight length that you cut to fit.It just didn't look like it was goint to fit nicely,let alone the poor colour match.Thanks to Goliath i contacted the local peugeot dealer and ordered the original trim and some clips :)

Kobayashi
Listed as 'Hurricane Grey' (I think that is ph1.5 grey?)

nope, hurricane grey (or gris ouragan) is in fact pretty black.

as for example black gentry leather seats are considered hurricane grey by peugeot :D

same goes for black ph2 plastic interior bits.

Edited by Kobayashi