• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sergy

Electric Window Switches Questions

Guest Sergy

Hi does anyone know if the 205 electric window switches light up? If not are there any others from a pug which will fit and light up?

Also did any 205s ever have a one-shot lowering offered on the electric windows with switches to accomodate this?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Ahl

I dont think 205's ever came with them, but from what ive read im pretty sure some 405's came with illuminated electric window switchs...

Your best bet would be to head down the scrapyard and have a look at the 405's - its a straight fitment apart from the illumination wires I believe.

Bally

The 505 ones are lighted and are a straight fit, at my pug dealer they were actually less expensive and look really cool at night

Simes
The 505 ones are lighted and are a straight fit, at my pug dealer they were actually less expensive and look really cool at night

Are you saying they fit straight into the 205 loom then?

Edited by Simes

Bally

yup,straight fit,same size, same look.

pacey205
yup,straight fit,same size, same look.

What exactly do you need to get them litn then, just the switches or do you need to run any more wires to them or whatever.

Michael

Bally

Just plug and play, no extra wires nothing,just plug them in and they light up :wacko: .Possibly the easiest conversion you can do

pacey205

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, methinks a trip to Pug is called for :wacko:

Michael

Guest kdcti

hmmm. just read topic and got me thinking :wacko: . Can any one place an up date on any prices for the said 505 items?

keith

Guest Sergy

Cool ! Are there no other models which light up? E.g citroen BX or pug 405 - they look pretty much identical to the 205's

Simes

Tried 405 ones before and they didn't work - maybe a higher trim version might, like an Mi16 -

anyone?

Guest krystalized

IIRR for 405 you're looking at '92 onwards GLX or Exec spec for illumination ??? Honestly don't know if connectors/pin outs are same as 205 on these later 405's.

Neil

Guest Sergy

So ALL 505 items r illuminated?#

Guest stevec205gti

I think some 309's may have had illuminated switches, but the later 405's definately do. If the bulbs do go (which most of them did in my 405!) then you can get replacements from RS for not a lot. From what I've seen of both switches, the 405 ones are the same as the 205 ones except for a lttle bit of plastic that the bulb sits in. The legs stretch out either side of the little biut of plastic and coneect with the power permanently supplied to the switch. I'm thinking about trying to see if I can make these little bits of plastic easily so that I can sell little kits to upgrade the 205 switches.

Illuminated switches are about £7/£8 from Pug, alright if you just want a couple but a pain in the arse when you've got 6 of them that need changing!

Have a hunt around the forums and see if you can find anyone breaking MI16's - they'll probably let you have the switches for a few quid

Oh - the "Auto" switch in my 405 is a completely different pin out compared with the normal 205/405 switches

Edited by stevec205gti

Guest Sergy
I think some 309's may have had illuminated switches, but the later 405's definately do. If the bulbs do go (which most of them did in my 405!) then you can get replacements from RS for not a lot. From what I've seen of both switches, the 405 ones are the same as the 205 ones except for a lttle bit of plastic that the bulb sits in. The legs stretch out either side of the little biut of plastic and coneect with the power permanently supplied to the switch. I'm thinking about trying to see if I can make these little bits of plastic easily so that I can sell little kits to upgrade the 205 switches.

Illuminated switches are about £7/£8 from Pug, alright if you just want a couple but a pain in the arse when you've got 6 of them that need changing!

Have a hunt around the forums and see if you can find anyone breaking MI16's - they'll probably let you have the switches for a few quid

Oh - the "Auto" switch in my 405 is a completely different pin out compared with the normal 205/405 switches

Does the 405 autoswitch does it have two positions for going down then - same size as 205 tho?

Guest stevec205gti

You press the button lightly and it acts as a normal switch. If you press it a bit harder you can feel the switch 'clonk' into a further position and it automatically goes either down or up. It looks the same from the outside, but with AUTO printed on it, but the connector inside is completely different

Guest Sergy

Brilliant thanks 4 that. one last q, what year 405 is yours?

thanks

tom

Guest Sergy

oh yeah i got some switches out of a F reg 405 the other day, all illuminated, and none of the bulbs r blown! It looked fairly high spec cos it had electric sunroof.

Guest jose

I was playing with my switches yesterday and it lit up! shocked I was indeedy!!

only problem is I have not got the loom/wiring for them, and I need the pinout for the switches

or the colour/number of the wires.

does anyone have them please?

p.s haynes has not them got :) piece of poo!

Guest Ritmo

Hi Guys, just read all your replys on this subject and being a new member of the 205 GTI family thought I would try and tart up my window switches with replacing them with ones from a 405 STDT (M reg) made sure that they had small bulbs inside before fitting (had to change the cover plate with the arrows, on 405 switches a smaller cover plate was fitted) they plugged straight in as described above but they still dont light up, I havent checked the bulbs yet but cant see all 3 bulbs being blown. Will let you all know if I can get them to work!!

ps the bulbs are covered with a plastic yellow cover so will have to take thim to bits to find out if the bulbs are ok.

Sign in to follow this