• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest spanner87

Alternator + Starter Motor

Guest spanner87

hi guys :rolleyes: i have finally got a bit of time on my hands to finish off my engine swap,basically i put a rod through the block so changed engine to another 1360 from a non-xs 205,i have changed my carb and everything is set to go except the alternator!im also not 100% on the starter motor wiring,does anybody have a decent photo of which wires go where on starter motor and alternator???

also will i need to put on the xs cam and head to get the engine back to its former glory (xs performance level) i think the engine at the mo is from a GR,its definitly alloy block.

thanks for your time in reading this guys!

AndyJ

Ask and thou shall recieve! Luckily theres one sat on my drive at the mo....

IMG_9581.jpg

Big black wire and big red wire go on the fat post terminal, black wire goes to battery, red wire goes into the loom and ends up at the alternator.

IMG_9582.jpg

Yellow trigger wire goes onto spade terminal and disappears off into the loom

IMG_9586.jpg

Both these wires run in a sleeve around the back of the alternator along with the oil pressure sender wire... Fat red wire goes on the bottom post terminal, thin wire goes on the recessed spade terminal.

HTH

--

AndyJ

Edited by AndyJ

Guest spanner87

ah thanks a lot for the pics!just what i needed mate :blush:

AndyJ

No worries!