• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Bleed Screw Snapped.

AndyR

Yup.. snapped the bleed screw in the rear caliper. What should I do?

Fuqa
Yup.. snapped the bleed screw in the rear caliper. What should I do?

you can drill it out and tap a new thread, then replace with a new bleed screw

Eddy5

Be REALLY careful when drilling it out that you don't drill the seat of the bleed screw (Yup, like I did)

Rob_the_Sparky

Won't an EZ Out work - left handed thread thingy that you screw into the centre to fetch it out...

pug_ham

An ezi-out should work, you might still need to drill the bleed nipple slightly bigger to get it in but it's risky, they are only thin and can shear off, then you are fcuked.

They can't be drilled because they are hardened steel.

Warming the caliper body might help if you can, whilst trying to use an ezi-out. If you're not in a major rush to do it, try soaking the nipple in plus gas or a similar decenmt penetrating oil overnight and then again, use an ezi-out.

Graham.:wacko:

les3002

i tried e-z outing mine but snapped the e-z out i just slackened of the hoses from the callipers until fluid came out did this a few times bled all the air out of mine fine and i did it on both callipers

pug_ham
i tried e-z outing mine but snapped the e-z out i just slackened of the hoses from the callipers until fluid came out did this a few times bled all the air out of mine fine and i did it on both callipers

I was advised not to do this on a rear caliper with the handbrake built into it.

Don't know why(effort the rear brakes make?) but it's brakes so I didn't want to risk it.

Graham.:wacko:

les3002

didnt affect the brakes at all m8 i had it on a brake tester the day after at my local mot station and they where all fine have been fine for months now apart from the pads falling out last week and having total brake failure :wacko: but it is fine to bleed from the pipe just a bit messy

Sign in to follow this