• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy F

Electric Pas

Andy F

hi people

I was hoping someone could help with a couple of issues on fitting electric PAS.

I have bought a pump off a 106 with the reservoir on the side and a 309 pas rack. I wondered where people had fitted them? possibly any pics??

Also i wondered if anyone knew the internal diameter of the hoses so i can get someone to make a set up.

Thanks

Andy

mattbenselin

I think the common place is either in front of the gearbox/under the original mounting poisiton for the PAS reservoir or on the battery tray with the battery moved to the rear of the car. Either way you will need to make up some new brackets. Not sure about hoses sorry.

philfingers

fitted mine to the top of the battery tray but in the vertical position to get the weight of it down and back as much as possible. It's all plumbed up and working but as there's no suspension on it I can't really put it under any load to test for leaks. I used the std pipes. The pressured line fit's straight on from memory to the 'out' union on the pump, using a second 205/309 union. For the return I needed a 10/12mm pip joiner, pipe from rack is 10mm and union into pump (push fit over stud with jubilee clip is 12mm).

Pics here http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=100177

Plans are a foot to run the std 205 oil/air cooler as a PAS cooler. Roads rallies put a lot of demand on PAS systems and they get damn hot. not sure with the electric pump but the mechanical one in my 309 would definately go off a bit (even with new fluid) when it got really hot after an especially twisty section. I'm running a TranX diff and they're a fight so put more demand than say a quaiffe or open diff. You probably won't need a cooler for road or track work

Phil

ps pics in the link in the above thread

Edited by philfingers

tom_m

i put mine on the battery tray like this:

DSC00459.jpg