• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

Tu Carb Fuel Pump Pressure?

Saveit

Hi there,

Does anyone know how much pressure the fuel pump from one of the carb driven Tu engines produce? This could be the 1.4 xs, 1.1 or some other engine? I am thinking about using a fuel pump from one of those for my twin weber setup? I figure they produce pressure of about 3-5 psi since you are already running a single carb on those engines, and this would be enough for a set of webers?

205Rallee
Hi there,

Does anyone know how much pressure the fuel pump from one of the carb driven Tu engines produce? This could be the 1.4 xs, 1.1 or some other engine? I am thinking about using a fuel pump from one of those for my twin weber setup? I figure they produce pressure of about 3-5 psi since you are already running a single carb on those engines, and this would be enough for a set of webers?

My TU24 runs a standard fuel pump and twin 40DCOm's and I've had no problem with my pump that has done 130,000miles.

Saveit

yeah but isnt your car originally produced with webers? Then of course the standard pump will work since its made for it.

I am looking to using a pump from one of the other standard carb driven tu engines. I am just worried that it wont produce enough pressure for twin carbs.

205Rallee
yeah but isnt your car originally produced with webers? Then of course the standard pump will work since its made for it.

I am looking to using a pump from one of the other standard carb driven tu engines. I am just worried that it wont produce enough pressure for twin carbs.

The fuel pump is a standard one, it's been off the head a few times and its the same one they put on the 1124cc ones etc. Worth atry if it doesn't work you've lost nothing!

christopher

As 205Rallee says, you will probably find that there is only one fuel pump for all TU Carbed engines. You can check on servicebox. I have the fuel return blocked off on mine for a bit higher pressure.

Saveit

Ahh yes, I could block the fuel return of course. Do you think i could do with a standard pump then?