• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Who's Doing A V6 Conversion?

Rob Turbo

I'm preparing to fit the megasquirt to my 306 v6, I've bought an extra coil driver for it and I'll be modifying the loom I made for the turbo engine.

The thing is, I need the settings for the toothed wheel, and I'd rather not have to take my engine back out and take the 'box off just to count some teeth!! So, is there anyone with a v6 engine sat in their garage/shed/kitchen etc.. that wouldn't mind setting no.1 cylinder to tdc and counting which tooth on the flywheel lines up with the crankshaft sensor?

If you fancy helping :) no.1 cylinder is gearbox end on the front of the engine, the 2 missing teeth are 0 and 1, so the first tooth after the gap is 2. You will also need to mark on the engine block where the centre of the crankshaft sensor will be, otherwise when you take the 'box off you won't know where to stop counting!!

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by Rob Turbo

Goliath

I have the engine out with the box off but the flywheel is off too! Will see what I can do but it wont be for a couple of days.

Rob Turbo

That would be great, I still don't have the extra bits for the megasquirt so no great rush.

Once I get it fired up on the ms I'll post the map to use as a base if anyone else fancies it, I think the standard management is a bit too much trouble myself!!

Thanks,

Rob

calvinhorse

will also have a look

StuF215

Are you using v6 standard sensors with the ms? Im now looking into wiring in the standard ecu but have always preffered the idea of an aftermarket ecu.

To make my life harder I was running an mi16 on carbs before and all injection wiring including the tach relay isnt there anymore!

Rob Turbo

Yeah I'll be using standard sensors, makes things easier!

The extra spark driver came today so I'll be wiring that into the ecu soon, then modifying the loom from the turbo to fit the v6. I was going to weld the plate in the bulkhead before I started the loom but due to the weather I can't get the hoist out of my mates garage, so I might as well do the loom until the snow/ice melts!

Don't suppose anyone knows the flow rate of the standard injectors on the v6 do they? I'll see if I can find a part number on them, but I think it will be awkward with them still in the engine.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Turbo

For future reference, the bosch part number for the v6 injectors is 0 280 155 613 and they flow 176 cc/min @ 3 bar.

welshpug

hmm, that's not a lot compared to other smaller engined pugs!

Rob Turbo

That's what I was thinking, according to Stan Weiss' injector flow chart that's enough for 25.8 bhp per injector, which doesn't even come close to the standard power, so something must be amiss somewhere!

Rob Turbo

Anyone been at their engine yet? :P

aCe

i'm not doing a V6 conversion- thats crazy :huh:

Rob Turbo

Just thought I'd bump this to keep it fresh in your minds for when you're next playing with your v6 engine! :lol:

Now that the snow is thawing I can start modifying the ms loom to fit.

Thanks,

Rob

omega
i'm not doing a V6 conversion- thats crazy :lol:

no its not crazy its fantastic why dont you just admit you a jealous,havnt got the skills or the funds to do it[just like me]

il just watch this thread and dream

ps if you have got the funds theres a 309 with this engine in for sale for 5000