• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dk73

1.9 Gti Service

dk73

Thanks for all the good advice so far. Would like a bit more. ;)

I am having some one to come out and give my 1.9 GTI a full service.

What parts would you suggest I get in advance and where are the best places to get them from apart from the main dealers.

I want to keep this 1.9 standard, I have decided not to put the mi16 engine in her.

I have looked at PUG spares, just wondering where else to try. Halfords are crap....... :wacko:

By the way it's just started to snow so watch those roads. :lol:

hengti

EuroCarParts or GermanSwedishFrench are the mainstays really. it used to be the case (not sure if still so) but, if you're a member of PSOOC, you get an additional discount from GSF (10%?) - worth having anyway

miamichris

depends how big a service you want to do really..do you know when the last timing belt was? if you don't, i'd do the timing belt & tensioner, water pump etc while I was at it.

basic service is oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, maybe spark plugs etc..up to yourself how far you want to go to be honest..

but if I were you, i'd do all these jobs myself because once you buy a 205 you need to be able to spanner it yourself in my opinion, buy yourself a haynes manual, get the tools out and get stuck in! its actually quite fun and very satisfying working on your own car, i'm doing a full restoration on mine and just learning as I go along :)

for parts, I either go to my local motor factors or gsf and for parts you can't get there, go to peugeot which arent cheap!

large

Plugs+HT leads

dizzy cap+ rota arm

Timing belt, tensioners + water pump.

oil & filter + fuel filter

Engine coolant.

All from gsf or your local motor factors.

Masekwm

With the fuel filter, is it a simple job? I've been putting it off for months!

large

very simple 15 min job ( please note that time includes the making and drinking of tea)

Sign in to follow this