• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mallaby106

Camshaft

Guest Mallaby106

Hi, can any1 tell me which other standard cams can be used on a 1360xs motor that would give it better performance? I'm thinking maybe a 106 rallye cam or maybe 1 from a saxo vtr, would any of these work? Thanks

swordfish210

I think the rallye's and VTR cams have bigger bearings so they wont fit in the head. Better off going for an aftermarket cam.

Guest Mallaby106

That means money, lol. Is there an other mods that are cheap and will give me better performance? I have induction kit and 4-2-1 manifold, i'm currently trying to source a 106 rallye g/box. I think i might leave the cam for now if there isn't a standard alternative.Any other ideas?

drmo

205 (Euro)rallye cam TU24 ;) 270° duration, 10.8 valve lift...but imposible to get hold of. Aftermarket cam is the only way. Tuning isn't cheap...

Guest Mallaby106
205 (Euro)rallye cam TU24 ;) 270° duration, 10.8 valve lift...but imposible to get hold of. Aftermarket cam is the only way. Tuning isn't cheap...

Yeah i suppose i am a bit of a dreamer, so what is the best aftermarket cam? Also what is involved in making it run properly after fitting?

swordfish210
205 (Euro)rallye cam TU24 :D 270° duration, 10.8 valve lift...but imposible to get hold of. Aftermarket cam is the only way. Tuning isn't cheap...

It is impossible...........unless you ask me ;):lol:

Saveit

I have a full 1.3 euro rallye engine that i am not going to use. Only keeping the weber DCOMs from it. So if you need anything send me a PM.

Guest Mallaby106

PM's sent.

Can anyone tell me what the gains would be from putting 1 of these cams in and also would it run ok, would i need to play with the carb or go twin carbs, etc?

Thanks