• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest p whack

1600 Gearbox On A S16?

Guest p whack

I have tried using the search function but couldnt seem to come up with anything, does a 1600 box fit onto a s16 engine? with the stadard clutch and flywheel?

welshpug

standard flywheel (S16) and 1.9 Mi16 clutch, yes.

make sure it has a crank sensor hole.

Guest p whack
standard flywheel (S16) and 1.9 Mi16 clutch, yes.

make sure it has a crank sensor hole.

i have a 306 gti6 clutch will i need to change this? and what do you mean by crank sensor hole on which part??

Hardgraf

I run a 1.6 gearbox on my lightly modded S16.

It's quick off the line but a bit of a nightmare on the motorway (High revs & really noisy)

It'll wheel spin & torque steer in 1st but flys over 4k rpm in 2nd onward

Guest p whack
I run a 1.6 gearbox on my lightly modded S16.

It's quick off the line but a bit of a nightmare on the motorway (High revs & really noisy)

It'll wheel spin & torque steer in 1st but flys over 4k rpm in 2nd onward

what clutch and flywheel are you using? standard items? i will be going to the nurburgring in it this year, so am fitting the 6 speed box then putting the 1.6 box on wehen i get back

welshpug

as I said (and fitted to toms engine) a 1.9 Mi16 clutch on the S16 flywheel.

what you hadn't mentioned before was the 6 speed box, you'll need to use the S16 clutch with this gearbox, and adapt the clutch mechanism somehow.

OR swap the clutch release arm to a push type normal BE3, and use the 1.9 Mi16 clutch as before.

Edited by welshpug

Guest p whack
as I said (and fitted to toms engine) a 1.9 Mi16 clutch on the S16 flywheel.

what you hadn't mentioned before was the 6 speed box, you'll need to use the S16 clutch with this gearbox, and adapt the clutch mechanism somehow.

OR swap the clutch release arm to a push type normal BE3, and use the 1.9 Mi16 clutch as before.

is that to fit a 205? as it is actually ni a 306, you guys on here just have more knowledge

Miles

If it's in a 306 you just need to swap the clutch arm/cross shaft over as the 306's are normally pull and the 205's are push

Sign in to follow this