• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

djinuk

205 Xs Carbs

djinuk

Ok the solex carb on the 205 xs is pretty sparse for information with regards to it.

I have a service kit for my solex, but before i begin i want everybody with any information to compile it together so we have maybe a chance of creating a article on the solex (is it a z2 if i remmember right) after i have rebuilt this carb i will be required to set it up. does anybody have any ideas on setting thesecarbs up.

one-lady-owner

The only way to do it is to take it apart very carefully taking notes and pics of everything as you do, it does only go back together one way so you should be ok, mine turned out to be ok in the end!

In terms of setup, the only thing I would say is the mixture screw, turn it clockwise until it stops, then unscrew it anti-clockwise 2.5 turns, that will get the car running, then have a good play and some sprints up and down the road to get the mixture perfect!

RossD

The Haynes carb manual covers it pretty well, I've lent mine to a mate, but when i get it back I'll scan it in. It's got all the specs in it, tuning data and a full stripdown and rebuild procedure.

djinuk

sweeet, all top info lads , i have just rebuilt my solex carb off my r5gt however they have rooks of info on the setting up etc and taking it apart blahblah

few more bits of info here

exploaded diagram picture of the solex z2

http://stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/1/14D28A.HTM

Edited by djinuk

gtiburge
On 1/30/2009 at 8:00 AM, RossD said:

The Haynes carb manual covers it pretty well, I've lent mine to a mate, but when i get it back I'll scan it in. It's got all the specs in it, tuning data and a full stripdown and rebuild procedure.

I no it’s a long shot but would you be able to send me pics or scan the pages about the z2 setting up I’m rebuilding my carb at the weekend and it would be a great help