• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
changingman

Aaarrrgh,reoccuring Problem.....help Me.........

changingman

Hi,ive a problem with my pug that just wont go away.

It runs an mi16 engine which was span with slicks on doing 90 at goodwood.

Soon afterwards the gearstick came to life and rattled like mad so we changed a drive shaft,gearstick ok,but a week later the gear stick went mad again,changed the other shaft and gearstick was good,within 10 miles when turning left at any speed above zero the steering wheel shakes like mad,turn right its all good even if you are nailing it.

Today we changed the diff,checked wheel bearings and made sure subframe,engine mounts etc etc were good.

Still has not cured the shaking,and before you ask ythe wheels have been balanced to within an ince of their lifes!!!

No way the gearbox itself could do this or the flywheel is there???

I have one last thing to try but thought id ask on here first!!!!

Thanks

Liam

Tom Fenton

Has it somehow bent a drive flange?

changingman
Has it somehow bent a drive flange?

whats one of them???

also just been informed that on the drivers side driveshaft there is a bracket it passes though with 2 bolts on and if you do them up too tightly it can cause vibration?????????????????????????????????????????????

BackStreetRacecars

Have you checked all the geometry since the spin? castor/camber/sai?

Also did someone not strip their flywheel bolts a few months back with similar effects??

steve@cornwall

Had similar symptoms when I omitted the dowels between engine and gearbox - I thought it was eating drivetrain components at an alarming rate!

changingman
Had similar symptoms when I omitted the dowels between engine and gearbox - I thought it was eating drivetrain components at an alarming rate!

hmmmm,havent touched the gear box at all apart from changing the diff???

Its been good as gold until the spin??

changingman
Have you checked all the geometry since the spin? castor/camber/sai?

Also did someone not strip their flywheel bolts a few months back with similar effects??

No i havent but surely it wouldnt have that much effect would it,i mean its not a small vibration ??

changingman

A small grin is on my face now as it seems as though the new driveshaft we put on is faulty.

Steering wheel straight its perfect but turn it to the left and the driveshaft moves up and down so presumably the middle knuckle is shagged!!!!!

Luckily ive a mate at the place it was from so its been sorted, a new one goes on monday and hopefully that will be that!!!!!!

Watch this space!!!!!