• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gizzmo

Weber Throttle Body Set Up Help

gizzmo

my next job for my 2.2 mi is to set up the throttle bodies. i got a set of weber bodies with a top mount linkage nice and cheap its a twin cable jobby my question is what parts will i need in order to get it working any advice and pictures would be much appreciated . ;)

hexhamstu

just did this on mine, remove the old cable, now you will be left with a big hole in the bulk head, what you havet to do is create 2 cable stops at this point and also a pedal plock onto the end of the pedal to pull the 2 cables.

to solve the cable to stop problem i used to plates of metal roughly made to match the shape and then used 2 push bike cable stops available from any bike shop and drill 2 holes in each plate, then used these to hold the 2 plates either side of the bulk head.

the pedal blocks are widely available from ebay but it wouldnt take much to bodge one together, but for ease i just bought one. search "pedal block" on ebay.

any questions just ask, i'll try and get a few photos, my 2 plates are a proper bodge, but you'll get the point.

jplautomotive

couple of pics of mine , ignore the gold block was me being lazy after changing the inner cables for different ones lol

27012009447.jpg

27012009448.jpg

hexhamstu
couple of pics of mine , ignore the gold block was me being lazy after changing the inner cables for different ones lol

27012009447.jpg

27012009448.jpg

how heavy is the throttle pedal on yours? mine feels like utter dog s*it, but the linkage on mine looks crap. so i blame that.

jplautomotive

not heavy at all , i thought it would be but it is about the same as standard

jonny

gizzmo

thanks guys its given me food for thought i did notice though that on http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk they recommend a different cable for the twin set up than the one used in the picture, as i beleive that their is a special, WEBER THROTTLE CABLE LP LINKAGE RANGE which i think ill give a go.

gizzmo

thanks guys its given me food for thought i did notice though that on http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk they recommend a different cable for the twin set up than the one used in the picture, as i beleive that their is a special, WEBER THROTTLE CABLE LP LINKAGE RANGE which i think ill give a go.

Edited by gizzmo

gizzmo

jplautomotive

the linkage i used was a LP 4000

cherry_red

Is there a proper way of using the pedal box thing or do most people just attach it to the bulkhead throttle cable entrance?

I'm running a twin cable throttle and just wanted to know the best place to put the pedal box and attach it to the throttle pedal.

Sign in to follow this