• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Tu Starter Motor Interchangability

Anthony

Starter motor on my 205 XS (TU3S engine) decided to go to automotive heaven last night, so need to pop to the scrappy at lunch to get another.

Can anyone confirm whether all TU 8v engines share the same starter fitment and there's no interchangeability issues, as I'm likely to have alot more choice of 106's, Saxo's, AX's. 306's etc at the scrappy than I am 205 TU's, and the starters on them will likely be somewhat newer too being later cars.

Whilst there should be a plentiful selection of them to choose from, for the sake of completeness, what about TUD's and TU 16v's too - same fitment, or different? Obviously I'm guessing very late TU's with BE gearboxes will be different, but I'm talking normal MA gearbox models here.

(I'm sure I'd work it out quickly enough by myself, but I've only got 15 minutes to dash in there, find and remove the starter, so would be easier if I had some advance knowledge of what does and doesn't fit)

calvinhorse

saxo vtr one is i did it last night, same bolts, same wires

Anthony

Cheers. Turned out that the starter itself was fine and it was a wiring issue - the random join in the solenoid wire just behind the dizzy had come slightly adrift - but useful info never the less :wub:

Sandy

Early ones have spade comm wire, later have ring, otherwise interchangeable.