• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

How To: Hide Your Washer Bottle

Paul_13

Just to say I did not come up with this idea the credit goes to some one else, but I thought I'd do a guide as I just did it.

First off I found a petrol can filler neck and a bit of old radiator hosing (w/ jubille)

dsc00589bd4.jpg

Then squeeze the bottle down there, it makes ALOT easier if you have the pump in first along with some wires and tubing.

dsc00590ha6.jpg

Then I cut a hole in the washer bottle cover just big enough to squeeze the fuel filler in. Be careful with knives (OW!)

dsc00591qc3.jpg

This is a pic with the pipe in the cover.

dsc00594fp3.jpg

Next I acquired some speaker wiring and extended the cables, with the tubing i swapped the pipes round on the jets and made the tubing come down the other side of the bonnet.

Headlight back in!

dsc00597fr3.jpg

Filler pipe behind head lamp, (i'm going to try and plug it off)

dsc00598vl7.jpg

Voila! Nice empty space ready for air intake from MI/GTI-6, Battery next! :(

dsc00596vr2.jpg

bren_1.3

mines in the recess behind the drivers front wing / wheelarch. now thats concealed.

Peetypug

i'm gona put a 306 one in the drivers inner arch

jimistdt

I wonder if you have holes in the footwell where your stirrups dig in?

Only joking fella, very intuitive :(

GLPoomobile

How about this for a dilema? You've now moved a bit of weight further forward, BUT, it's also lower down so lower CoG. Was it better where it was, or better now? Hmmmmmmmm.

Only joking, like I give a s*it! :(

Miles

All the early 205's had them under the N/S fron arch, Bigger bottle too than the later one's which are far too small

yorkshirekowboy

thats a very good idea, just wondering how you could use that space to increase more air flow/intake, any ideas????

Paul_13

Just a nice big bang and loads of water flying everywhere when you hit someone/tree lol

BERTMAN

same place as a rover 200 iirc, and yeh when you crash them water does go flying everywhere...

haha speaking from personal experience lol :(

jamiej

sorry for sounding stupid ... but whats the point ?

EdCherry
sorry for sounding stupid ... but whats the point ?

Voila! Nice empty space ready for air intake from MI/GTI-6, Battery next! :(

dsc00596vr2.jpg

Cameron

Not a bad idea. I was planning on copying a car we had at work and relocating it (with a smaller square bottle) to behind the passenger seat. A good option for track cars but not really for road cars with an interior.

christopher

great Idea!!!

I've mentioned this before :P . But that is in fact the same place as the original headlight washer bottle is located. (I have these on my Tu24 Rallye) .It would be the perfect conversion to replace the standard windscreen bottle as it fits perfect.

Very rare I guess in uk. But still available from pug

post-4275-1233004615_thumb.jpg

Edited by christopher

EdCherry

Bit expensive new from pug though!

pete1986

Just the tank, filler pipe and cap come to £80!!

Which 205's can these be found on?

Gentrix
Just the tank, filler pipe and cap come to £80!!

Which 205's can these be found on?

nearly all swedish 205´s. I took a visit to a swedish scrapyard on my last holiday and got myself the whole lot including the frontwasher nozzles for 10 €.

TurboSam

I got rid of my front washer bottle, and instead I'm using my rear washer bottle with a tube running from the rear to the front of the car. Only needed a simple wiring mod, and it could easily go back to standard if needed.

DrSarty

What I'm tempted to do - and perhaps is an option for anyone running carbs or throttle bodies - is place a 2nd bottle on the other (battery) side, behind the bumper as you've shown, but as an additional fluid reservoir, connected to the standard bottle in the standard location via a connecting hose.

This would double the fluid capacity and leave things looking completely standard. The pump in the top bottle could be removed (using the fitting as the joiner connection to the lower tank) leaving the pump on the lower bottle to do all of the work.

This would make the top (std location) bottle, purely an extension of the bottom tank, doubling the water capacity.

Even though I think that's a sound idea, perhaps I have too much time on my hands. :wub:

Edited by DrSarty

Henry 1.9GTi

drip tray as above is exactly where mine is, RHD so other side though :wub:

Cameron

Have you cut a hole in the scuttle panel too or have you got rid of it?

Anthony
Have you cut a hole in the scuttle panel too or have you got rid of it?

If you position the bottle correctly, you have a hole in the scuttle panel that's covered by the bonnet when closed.

Can only do that on non-sunroof cars though (or atleast ones without the factory vacuum sunroof) as there's a vacuum tank there otherwise.

Paul_13

The plastic tubing going to the jets is only bodged on at the moment, got to go to Halfords and get some more tubing. Was trying to find a hole in the bulkhead (kinda) for the tubing to run.

Hilgie

Mine has the expansiontank there :P

DRTDVL

Why not just use the 306 setup if you want to put it in the wheel arch?