• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Now I'm Confused!?!?

Kennyb

Ok guys after previous talks and research about swaping my 1989 1.9 be1 to a 1.6 be3 box.........ive come across this problem and hopefully someone can shine some light on it for me :o:wacko: the info i found was that I would need a be3 clutch cable and a be3 clutch pedal to take the different cable connection.

I've been to the scrap yard today to get a different clutch pedal for the change....as previously told by others.

The pedal came from a j reg diesel with the reverse gear in sixth position......here is a pic of the pedal fitment for where the cable joins to it. Was different to the one I have on the car now so thought it would be right.

DSC00019.jpg

Then I went to collect a BE3 Clutch cable from my local parts supplier........after getting the cable I noticed (to my confusion) it has the same connection to the pedal as my current setup???!?!? I double checked part numbers with my supplier and it is indeed a BE3 cable?!??! I admit it does look a bit different to previous ones i've got on the opposite end (towards box)???

DSC00020.jpg

Whats the crack then???? Have I the wrong pedal or has there been a mistake with the BE3 cable???? anyone post a pic of the correct one for either??

Cheers

Miles

Wrong cable, quite rare that one but you can use the old BE1 pedal with that cable or get a BE3 cable for the pedal in the picture

jplautomotive

thats what i did ! used my old be1 pedal and one of those cables , works fine be3 box

jonny

steve@cornwall
Ok guys after previous talks and research about swaping my 1989 1.9 be1 to a 1.6 be3 box.........ive come across this problem and hopefully someone can shine some light on it for me :o:wacko: the info i found was that I would need a be3 clutch cable and a be3 clutch pedal to take the different cable connection.

I've been to the scrap yard today to get a different clutch pedal for the change....as previously told by others.

The pedal came from a j reg diesel with the reverse gear in sixth position......here is a pic of the pedal fitment for where the cable joins to it. Was different to the one I have on the car now so thought it would be right.

DSC00019.jpg

Then I went to collect a BE3 Clutch cable from my local parts supplier........after getting the cable I noticed (to my confusion) it has the same connection to the pedal as my current setup???!?!? I double checked part numbers with my supplier and it is indeed a BE3 cable?!??! I admit it does look a bit different to previous ones i've got on the opposite end (towards box)???

DSC00020.jpg

Whats the crack then???? Have I the wrong pedal or has there been a mistake with the BE3 cable???? anyone post a pic of the correct one for either??

Cheers

Quite simply - wrong cable supplied. However, would be interesting to see if the one you have is correct at the gearbox end.If so it would be interesting to know the part number as this would make the conversion simpler. It seems to always be a PITA nto get the right clutch cable

Kennyb

So right pedal....wrong cable. Why is it always the case that when ever you leave it up to the "experts" they always get it wrong :-( muppets

I've been looking at the box end of the cable and it does fit into the clutch arm but not sure if it WILL work till I try it but all looks like it will???!!! it doesnt pop in and hold but it does sit in it and im guessing aslong as the cable is adjusted properly it will hold tight??

pug_ham

What does the gearbox end look like?

Graham.

Kennyb

The other end looks like this......same as the be1 cable really apart from the outer sleeve holder bit......but i can adapt that bit to sit snug....

Like I say the bit that sits in the clutch lever does hold just dont pop in and sit snug!!??

Cheers ;-)

post-8820-1232889826_thumb.jpg

bensonmi
The other end looks like this......same as the be1 cable really apart from the outer sleeve holder bit......but i can adapt that bit to sit snug....

Like I say the bit that sits in the clutch lever does hold just dont pop in and sit snug!!??

Cheers ;-)

your lucky with that cable if it all works! if it does,i can give that pedal a new home if you dont need it :)

the cable i bought has the same gear box end as yours,but clutch pedal end to suit your new pedal.so im sure you wont have to change your pedal.

Sign in to follow this