• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danpass15

Water In Passenger Footwell!

danpass15

Hi,

Just want to know if there are any known faults with the 205 gti with water gettting in...I went out to my car yesterday morning after all that heavy rain we had to find that the passenger footwell was completely soaked, I took the car mat out and water was pouring out of it, there was a nice sized puddle left in the car. The reason I am confused is because there is no sign as to how the water got there, i.e. no sign it has come in from the door as the side of the carpet is dry, and no sign of it coming in from bulkhead as the carpet at the front is dry, its literally just the flat piece that is wet!

Any feedback would be great!

Cheers

omega
Hi,

Just want to know if there are any known faults with the 205 gti with water gettting in...I went out to my car yesterday morning after all that heavy rain we had to find that the passenger footwell was completely soaked, I took the car mat out and water was pouring out of it, there was a nice sized puddle left in the car. The reason I am confused is because there is no sign as to how the water got there, i.e. no sign it has come in from the door as the side of the carpet is dry, and no sign of it coming in from bulkhead as the carpet at the front is dry, its literally just the flat piece that is wet!

Any feedback would be great!

Cheers

heater matrix leaking??

grandos

If its coolant then it'll be the heater matrix, have you got a sunroof? If you have its time to get the hose out and try and find where its leaking.

danpass15
If its coolant then it'll be the heater matrix, have you got a sunroof? If you have its time to get the hose out and try and find where its leaking.

I havent got a sun roof. The water was really clean, clear colour, no sign on dirt to it...is that likely that its the heater matrix then?

snooks

Could be from under the scuttle panel around the blower motor area. Check the coolant level to rule out the matrix :o

bensonmi
Could be from under the scuttle panel around the blower motor area. Check the coolant level to rule out the matrix :o

could it br the window seals? as it happened in heavy rain,plus doubtfull the coolant would be very clean?

swinisskill
Could be from under the scuttle panel around the blower motor area. Check the coolant level to rule out the matrix <_<

as above mine was soaked one morning like a swimming pool turned out to be the scuttle panel, soon cured it

danpass15
as above mine was soaked one morning like a swimming pool turned out to be the scuttle panel, soon cured it

Ok thanks how do I get to the scuttle panel?

Rom

Windscreens are known to leak in the corners. Water runs down behind the kick panel trim.

Unless your car has clean water for coolant, its unlikely to be the matrix. Coolant level would also have dropped.

The fact its done it in rain suggests an external leak. Id get a hose out, and find it that way. Remove the side kick panel, pull the carpet down from the bulkhead etc. So you can get a good look.

The scuttle panel is under the black trim where the wipers are. BUT...when you remove it there will be a big hole for the heaters, so water would p1ss in through it !! So dont pour water in there :)

cRaig

My passenger footwell is currently wet, and I think Ive tracked it down to the aerial fitting, as I think it was dripping down through the central locking sensor.

Silicone to the rescue, me thinks!

danpass15

just had the scuttle pannel off, no joy in there, all looks find, no blockages. Pulled back carpet and unscrewed the bottom screw on the side kick panel? looked behind there and the sponge is all soaking wet so looks like its coming in there! cant see any other srews to remove that panel and have a good look, if you unsrew the bonnet catch mechanism does that allow you to take the panel off?

Thanks for all the help guys!

danpass15
Windscreens are known to leak in the corners. Water runs down behind the kick panel trim.

Unless your car has clean water for coolant, its unlikely to be the matrix. Coolant level would also have dropped.

The fact its done it in rain suggests an external leak. Id get a hose out, and find it that way. Remove the side kick panel, pull the carpet down from the bulkhead etc. So you can get a good look.

The scuttle panel is under the black trim where the wipers are. BUT...when you remove it there will be a big hole for the heaters, so water would p1ss in through it !! So dont pour water in there :)

just had the scuttle pannel off, no joy in there, all looks find, no blockages. Pulled back carpet and unscrewed the bottom screw on the side kick panel? looked behind there and the sponge is all soaking wet so looks like its coming in there! cant see any other srews to remove that panel and have a good look, if you unsrew the bonnet catch mechanism does that allow you to take the panel off?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Rom

Yeah undo the 2 screw that hold the release handle on, then you can get the kick panel out.

If its the windscreen, you should see it trickling down from the edge of the screen, down past the dash, to the kick panel.

danpass15
Yeah undo the 2 screw that hold the release handle on, then you can get the kick panel out.

If its the windscreen, you should see it trickling down from the edge of the screen, down past the dash, to the kick panel.

I have got to go work now! but I will unsrew the kick panel properly and have a good look tommorrw if its dry! Thanks for the advice mate!