• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EricYellow

What Box For 466 Bhp ?

EricYellow

Now that I've killed my 1.9 box I need something to last a bit longer.

Anyone got ideas for a 466bhp/515Nm 205S16?

Has to be for a 18 teeth/spline clutch plate.

I'm looking at some diesel boxes but the gear ratios are rubbish, I liked the 1.9 ratio's but even a little longer gearing wouldn't be a problem.

Edited by EricYellow

Goliath

Whatever box you use will probably still fail sooner or later so I would say you have 2 options.

1) Keep buying 1.9 boxes cheap and just use them till they break

2) Get a decent low mileage box and get it strengthened to cope with the power (I believe Miles on here can offer that sort of service?)

B1ack_Mi16

I guess fitting a ME5 box from a 605/XM and putting in an uprated diff will make the most difference.

A BE box will always have problems with small diameter shafts and gears. The casing from the 1.9 TD engines seem to be strongerv so it will hold bearings more rigid into place, but excessive wear will take place anyway if forces are so big that the input and output shafts deforms under load. Also on a BE box on my Mi16 I found cracks in bottom of lots of teeth on the different gears, seemed kinda like fatigue cracks developing.

Baz

Borg Warner T5 :lol:

Batfink

I have a straight cut box but I doubt that would even cope as the weakness is not just in the gear teeth. not many boxes are going to cope with standing starts with grippy tyres

cybernck

i was wondering how long would it be before you post a topic like this one, lol.

can't help you with your quest though.

p.s. you haven't replied who exactly mapped your car, was it Pieter?

thanks.

EricYellow

Pieter and Dave did the mapping

Pieter at the laptop and Dave at the wheel.

brumster

Ring Tractive and see what they can offer :lol:

Mandic

I'd listen to B1ack_Mi16's advice.

Cheers

Ziga

DanteICE

Just seen the video, and i too was thinking....hmmm 466bhp through the standard gearbox....not for long matey!

The only gearbox I can think of would be a Sadev ST90-14, its a semi-sequential dog tooth FWD gear box, but if i remember correctly it'll only take 350nm of torque!

Geoff

Sign in to follow this