• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigo

Has My Car Had A Retrofit Sunroof?

Craigo

my car a 88 1.6 gti has a sunroof. its not like the ones ive seen on cars on here, it doesnt have the sliders down to the rear of the roof likeive seen! its just like a normal sunroof with open or closed!!

also ive just removed it to replace with a blanking panel, and the hole looks like it has been cut by stevie wonder! so i think it has been retrofitted because otherwise the panel would have been cut from the factory?

Baz

Sounds like it, unless it's the longer externally railed, vacuum type no doubt it's aftermarket or a dealer fitted one.

McDude

Sounds like one of the aftermarket Stevie Wonder sunroofs - he used to fit them before the success with "I just called..." in fact it was sunroof installations that inspired him to write it.

"I just called, to say, your 205 is ready" he used to say

Customers would say "that's a sh1t job you've done there, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart"

Happy days, better times.

Junosix
Sounds like one of the aftermarket Stevie Wonder sunroofs - he used to fit them before the success with "I just called..." in fact it was sunroof installations that inspired him to write it.

"I just called, to say, your 205 is ready" he used to say

Customers would say "that's a sh1t job you've done there, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart"

Happy days, better times.

<_< Mega!

timmsy19

got any pics of it?

mine seems to be dealer but its a pop up and winde back jobby, my borthers old 1.6 just had a pop up one then another one is the proper factory slide back vacuum one

how many different types are there? :D<_<

swinisskill

get some pictures up <_<

Masekwm

Both my phase 1 and my phase 1.5 had the pop up sunroof fitted