• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
autograsser

Be3 Gearbox Are These Ratios Right?

autograsser

ive just stripped a gearbox stamped be3 tt

the final drive is a 3.93

but i think ive gone wrong with 1st and 2nd

with the cluster sat on the floor counting from the bottom 5th gear 1-2-3-4 is that correct?

ive counted what i thought was 1 + 2 with these ratios

1'st 1.28

2'nd 1.86

do these sound right??

the reason ive only counted 1+2 is thats all ill be using if they are correct would i be better using these or a standard be1 box?? or mix n match ie f/d from one to another

pug_ham

Its possible you have the gearbox from a Be3 CTi, these apparently had a 3.93 FD

The rest of the ratios are unknown but have been assumed to be the same as the rest of the GTi but the ratios you have counted are pretty close to the usual 2nd & 3rd gears of a lot of Be gearboxes imo (2nd = 1.85 & 3rd = 1.28).

Fifth gear is the first gear you see when you take the gearbox end cover off but I'm not sure how they are laid out on the shafts internally.

Graham.

Sandy

From the bell-housing end: 1st-Reverse-2nd-3rd/4th

autograsser

thanks, is there anywere i can get a longer 2nd gear from

Miles

It's a case of matching the gear's and Input shaft so it's not always possible to fit what you want, Also 5th Gear plain bush can be a different dia which is another thing to watch out for

autograsser
It's a case of matching the gear's and Input shaft so it's not always possible to fit what you want, Also 5th Gear plain bush can be a different dia which is another thing to watch out for

cheers miles, is there not any box from another car with a longer 2nd gear that i could just swap the cluster over from??

S@m

I thought all be3s had the same 1.85 second gear?

Sign in to follow this