• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy F

Small Servo Opinions

Andy F

Hi everyone

I am currently trying to decide what to do with the braking on my 205 mi16. I was planning to go for a pedal box but have recently driven a car with one and its a bit offensive.

I was wondering what peoples thought were on using the small servo ie off 1.0 205 and run a 406 MC as i have some Xsara VTS front brake to go on.

Thanks

Andy

Rob Thomson

Good plan, I reckon.

My old 309 Mi16 had a bias pedal box and it was a nightmare. Fine on track, but absolutely horrible on the road due to the pressures required. I fitted GTI-6 front brakes but that didn't really help and screwed up the brake balance. Eventually I re-fitted the original pedal box with a 406 MC but the (GTi-6) brakes were over-servoed and for a long time I wondered about fitting a smaller servo to try to get things back how I liked.

Brake feel is a very subjective thing, but it sounds like the small servo is probably worth trying.