• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

How Many Jets Etc. For Carbs?

Saveit

Hi there

Might be a stupid question. But how many jets, emulsion tubes, air jets and so on do you buy for a set of twin weber carbs to go on an mi16 engine. I would think you buy 4 or each right?

And what about something called Needle Valve? Do i need to replace this also? (The carbs is from a 205 1.3 rallye eurospec) I would think that i would need 4 of this needle valve also?

Thanks,

tony perks

Only 1 needle valve for each carb, what engine they going on, if off a tu then they may have 125 or 150 valves, if putting on say a Mi then you may find you need a 200 needle valve to flow enough fuel at full bore.

Saveit

1 needle valve for each carb? I have 2 twin webers - so do you mean 1 needle for every twin weber, or 1 needle for every carb? Cause as i understand it, there is 2 seperate carbs in a twin weber 40 dcoe?

And that is only the needle valve. What about the jets and so on? How many do i need of those for a set of twin webers? I would imagine 4 since ther are 4 carbs (2 in each twin weber)?

andy0075

you need everything 4 times

4*Venturi

4*mainjets

4*idlejets

Saveit

Also the needle valves?

Saveit

But looking at this picture, i can only see one set of jets and emulsion tubes? (number 10 on the picture)

tony perks
But looking at this picture, i can only see one set of jets and emulsion tubes? (number 10 on the picture)

as i said you only need 2 needle valves 1 carb is 2 barrells, as you only have 1 float chamber per carburetuer.

andy0075

I thought you already have bought a set of webers ?

Why don't you take one and look at it ?

You need one needle valve per twin carb, two emulsion tube holder, two emulsion tubes,

two air correction jets and two mainjets per twin carb.

http://www.teglerizer.com/dcoe/rasorcom.htm

Sign in to follow this