• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Repairing Knackered Bolsters

Rom

Went round the GFs tonight. Her mum has unstiched the fabric centre of one base, to attach to another base. She seems confident it will look good.

Cant look any worse than the fag burns !!

Bolsters are all ready. Used duck tape as suggested previously.

Her mum also said about soaking it in the sink aswell. She said it wont hurt if the leather gets wet a bit, but try not to.

Oh, you mentioned touching the leather in....what are you using ? Like a pigment or something ?

dk73

Hi,

I have done this to my driver and passenger seats.

To touch the leather in -via painting ( I think that's what you mean ).

I bought a kit from ebay, the shop is the 'the scratch doctor'. The results were really good.

Pics attached.

Hope it helps............. :ph34r:

post-13760-1236370407_thumb.jpg

post-13760-1236370446_thumb.jpg

post-13760-1236370495_thumb.jpg

Bogsye

Oh, you mentioned touching the leather in....what are you using ? Like a pigment or something ?

Yep, I bought a kit from Gliptone - liquidleather.co.uk as I recall. So far I've just used the cleaner and the conditioner on the leather, as my "new" driver's seat was in good condition except for the cushion. The passenger seat needs some touching in. It seems to be just a liquid pigment, with toners so you can adjust the shade to suit. There's also a tiny pot of gloss agent that is for the final coat.

What seems to help with these seat is the fact that the leather is coloured right the way through, unlike more modern leathers that are just treated on the top surface for the specific colour.

Edited by Bogsye