• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo

Instrument & Dash Lights

Ricardo

Hi Sorry for this jibber/jabber!!..just trying to figure out if my charge/battery warning light (not illuminating) or alternator or wiring is at fault! All the Instrument bulbs test out OK (except my side light warning bulb). (Gonna check the multiplugs next)...anyway....

Thought I might as well get some spare bulbs whilst clocks are out, so had a look at the printing on them, only to find 12v 1,2n on some. Others are 3w :)

I've looked all over and have seen different wattage quoted.

Am I right in thinking the illuminating bulbs are 3w and the warning ones are 1.2w?

Looking at Service Box for the 6 instrument panel (1.6GTi) it shows as below..

post-11787-1232398345_thumb.jpg

Item 8 is 12v 3w and goes in Item 2 Lamp sleeve 2w/3w (either 2w or 3w?) :huh: for illumination?

Item 9 is 12v-w1,2w goes in Item 3 Warning light (sleeve) is this 1.2w? 1w? or 2w?

Or does it really matter? Didn't notice but are the sleeves different sizes? Just want the right one for the Battery/Charge warning light.

Cheers for any help.

Richard

Ricardo

Might have answered my own question here :) After an hour trying to read the print. But not sure why some bulbs are there! (Traction control? bottom left on pic)(ABS? top right) No Oil temp warning tho B) and doesn't look as if one has ever been fitter (no pcb scratches!)

Anyway All are either marked 1,2W or 1,2n so figure all are part no. 6216C6 :)

post-11787-1232480159_thumb.jpg

cybernck

yeah there are some unused bulbs there, probably left as spares :lol:.

Ray-Vonn
yeah there are some unused bulbs there, probably left as spares :lol:.

I think some of them are for things like the glow plug symbol (for a diesel) and other equipment that may be fitted to different markets, etc. You know what the manufacturers are like, they try to share as many basic components through the model/variant ranges.

Rom

Theres a Glowplug light, Pad warning light, ABS light ?, Knock Sensor ? Or some other ECU light, has a jagged sort of explosion round it :ph34r: Been a while since i looked.

Just shine a torch with bulbs removed and all shall be revealed :)

cybernck

^ the last one is actually used in a GTI - it's the low pad warning light :ph34r:.

but diesels don't use GTI-style dash with rev-counter (or perhaps STDT's do?).

Anteas
^ the last one is actually used in a GTI - it's the low pad warning light :D.

but diesels don't use GTI-style dash with rev-counter (or perhaps STDT's do?).

the stdt dash is very simaler too the gti one