• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jr758774c

'93 Cti Fuelling Issues

Guest jr758774c

Hi everyone, This is prob a noobie question, but I've just picked up a '93 CTI and its got some VERY irritating issues.

Basically, the car starts, idles and runs OK from cold for about 5 mins, then its idle gets more and more rough and the RPM's drop and eventually it stops. The car will restart if you use a little throttle, but it will die as soon as you take your foot off.

Now I've replaced the AFM, HT Leads, Plugs, Dizzy cap, rotor arm, I've checked and sealed any leaks after the AFM. I've checked the ECU Coolant Temp Sender and cleaned the contacts etc, all the connectors to the injectors are secure as is the connector to the AFM... After it stalls, the plugs are black and sooty

Does anyone have any ideas??

I'm a complete noobie to Pug's (Jap's and yanks are my normal stomping grounds) so please bear with me as I dont know where everything is on these engines

Any help would be appreaciated

Mark

allanallen

just a thought seens you've checked everythin else but have you tryed turning the tickover up?

Guest jr758774c
just a thought seens you've checked everythin else but have you tryed turning the tickover up?

Not yet, as that'll simply mask the issue, as it runs pretty rough also when warm.

I assume the idle screw is the large brass screw on top of the throttle body?

allanallen
Not yet, as that'll simply mask the issue, as it runs pretty rough also when warm.

I assume the idle screw is the large brass screw on top of the throttle body?

I didn't mean turn the tickover up so it idles high to mask the problem.

you say that the car runs fine until it gets warm, so I was working on the assumption that it ticks over okay because of the extra air being supplied by the sad. When the sad closes its not getting enough air because the throttle body is not open enough so it stalls. You also mention it starting when you open the throttle.

is it just an idle issue or does it run baddly all through the revs?

dont think it is the big brass screw, I think its a smaller screw on the back of the body. not looked at an 8v for ages though.

Henry Yorke

93 CTI's have a lambda sensor in the Jetronic system so it could be that. Your ECU will end in the numbers 345

Guest jr758774c
93 CTI's have a lambda sensor in the Jetronic system so it could be that. Your ECU will end in the numbers 345

Thanks - I'll give that a try :lol: