• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macamizer

205 Rollcage

macamizer

hi anybody got any recomendations of wich company to use for a rollcage?ie best fitment ,would like to keep dashboard in sittue,many thanks in advance

Atari Boy

I hear that Safety Devises ones are better that OMP, I am not talking from experience though, I am looking at getting a cage also.

Others with hands on experience will be along shortly I expect.

macamizer

yeah ive heard that too,just dont want to buy one and then have to cut, heat up, and bend to make fit

Cameron

My SD went in very nicely, but that was a weld-in so if fabrication isn't your forte then probably not the best. If its safety you're interested in though its definitely the best.

Still don't understand why people keep the dash when fitting a cage though. :unsure:

Baz

You won't need to cut, heat or bend an SD cage. OMP may be another story.

Baz
Still don't understand why people keep the dash when fitting a cage though. :)

Agreed! depends on th main use of the car for people i guess though!

Jrod

Not had any problems fitting a OMP cage myself, other than the feet which are poor the cage itself its perfectly good imo.

Leon
Still don't understand why people keep the dash when fitting a cage though. <_<

Because in some cases the interior must remain. Road rallying for instance.

You won't need to cut, heat or bend an SD cage. OMP may be another story.

Not in my experience. The "feet" are usually awkward and need shaving down but the actual cages seem to fit just fine. I think people like to get a little bit dramatic on the internet about things like fit and quality.

bensonmi

got an omp cage and have no probrems in fitting it either,dont see what the fuss is about them as i know a few other people who have them and like them too <_< fits tidy even with the dash and sunroof no worries,id recomend it

large
Not in my experience. The "feet" are usually awkward and need shaving down but the actual cages seem to fit just fine.

This is because omp dont supply a mounting kit for a 205 you just get a universal one but there is not that much to cut to get them to fit.

Also the omp cage fits onto the sill and not the floor like the sd one. As long as you get the right cage you wont have to cut the dash.

Miles

Having fitted both the SD one is better quality, The OMP fit's fine just is not finished as well

AdamP

I found the OMP one to fit okay. Feet were okay once modified, the front part needed sitting on a little to get it in but for £280 its exactly what you would expect.

projectpug

Can recommend the omp i run one myself . Good value for miney too :o

phil withers

Without hijacking this thread,does anyone have any decent images of how a weld-in cage with front triangulation picks up on the front strut towers ?

Been having a look today and couldn't see an obvious solution ???

large

^^^^^^ Look on the main site and you will find 2 fitting guides.

Has any one posting on this thead used a omp or sd cage! I have one fitted but am yet to use it (thank god), I would just like to know.

Edited by large

AdamP
^^^^^^ Look on the main site and you will find 2 fitting guides.

Has any one posting on this thead used a omp or sd cage! I have one fitted but am yet to use it (thank god), I would just like to know.

I heard that the OMP ones are better when used and the SD ones have been known to push their feet through the floor!

All hearsay though.

markw

i had no probs with my last omp in a 205 its a bit tight to join both parts together once in

but thats the point of them i guess.and i am having another omp in my new project, better the devil you know

Edited by markw

timb1046

dash wise the SD cage needs the dash modifying, i cut the air vents of each side to do this. but if you were worried about keeping as much dash as poss and making it all neat and tidy then you could just cut a circular slot for each leg where it goes through the dash. its what i was going to do, but then i got fustrated and cut the chunks off each end :s

DRTDVL

Just a question...

How many of you guys use weld in cages?

It seams like you guys just use off the shelf bolt in cages alot? Over here they are basically all custom made to the car...