• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest melmoth

206 Gti 180 Front Brake Calipers..any Idea On Sources For Yokes?

Guest melmoth

Hi guys, sorry of this has been asked before, i managed to get my hands on a set of new 206 gti 180 front brake calipers, there are no yokes with them, so basically i need to get discs ( easy ) pads (easy) and yokes ( err) , contacted my local peugeot dealer and tbh they were a bit less than interested. Does anyone know the Peugeot part numbers i need and a good place to buy them?. Also, i gather these a a pretty straightforward swap onto the 1.9, in regards to the brake servo will the travel be longer due to the increased piston bore?, if so any recommendations on an alternative?

Thanks for the input, John

cybernck

edit: info in this post is for 302x26mm brakes from 307 CC 180!

says it all really:

post-4-1232332470_thumb.png

post-4-1232332487_thumb.png

thanks to welshpug for sending me these images earlier on :P.

apparently the calipers have 54mm pistons which means you could get away with standard 1.9 20.6mm m/c.

i also thought this would be a great braking upgrade, so i sourced the 302x26mm discs but thought of using

standard 307 calipers with spacers/adapters instead (much cheaper :rolleyes:). haven't done it yet though.

either way, you'll need 16" wheels for them.

hope this helps :o.

RossD

These brakes are fitted to a multitude of Peugeot\Citroen models, not just the 206 GTi180. As said above, the majority of the bigger engined 307's have them, also my 2003 Citroen Xsara has them..... So you may find some in a breakers yard somewhere.

Also worth noting that the Xsara only has 15" wheels and they fit under those fine. (283mm discs though, not 302mm)

Edited by RossD

Guest melmoth

Hi Cybernck,

Thanks for that, 16" 's , i really wanted to run standard speedlines, think i'll opt for the gti6 setup, i have one car set up with them and the difference has made me nervous in the standard 1.9, i replaced pads and discs about a year ago but it really feels quite poor, thanks a lot for the info.

cybernck

oops, sorry "my bad", haven't read the title properly!

206 GTI180 brakes are the same as 307 ones (283x26mm) and fit under 15" wheels.

this contains all the info you need:

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=b-307brakes

the yokes seem to be dirt cheap too :unsure:.

306 GTI6 calipers have 57mm pistons so you need 23.8mm m/c for them and the discs are 283x22mm,

meaning they're a little bit lighter but more prone to warping.

CosKev

Ref the master cylinder,it all depends how you like your brake pedal to feel :lol:

Running GTI6 fronts on my 309 Gti with standard master cylinder and the brake pedal feels nicer IMO than it did with standard front calipers,yeah there is SLIGHTLY more travel,but I prefer the feel of that.

:)

cybernck

on mine the pedal was exactly as in most of the new cars - long pedal travel with overassisted feel to it.

with 23.8mm m/c it went back to standard 205 gti brakes feel :lol:.