• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick9one1

Gti-6 Air Filter

nick9one1

Im looking for a solution to the gti6's airbox, I have just a k+n on at the moment and its a bit noisy for me. Is it possible to fit a standard 205 airbox? or even the gti-6 one? A friend pointed me to this which is very much like a bmc cda has enyone experienced one of these and how much sound they have given off?

bmc cda ripoff

DrSarty

It's quite proven that after market cone style filters bolted onto the TB on a '6 inlet LOSE POWER. They breathe to much hot air there. I would extend and relocate with cold air feed, or return to something like standard. Paper filter in 'box' will be cheaper to maintain, give better filtration, be quieter and - compared to what you have now - return your power.

nick9one1

great thats what i wanted to hear, but wiill the standard 306 or 205 one fit in the engine bay with the gti-6 engine?

CaptainK

I've got one of those. :)

But at the moment my 205 GTi6 has a K&N filter on a 90 degree bend sitting in front of the gearbox. You get nice cold air there, but unfortunately you also get all the road muck chucked up at the filter. So I'm soon going to install my BMC CDA in place of it and see what happens.

Sign in to follow this