• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mojo1997

Clutch Arm Pin

mojo1997

I'm trying to remove the clutch arm pin on my 1.9 Gearbox, the threads have completly rusted and when I tried to pull the pin out the end snapped off. Does the pin only come out the side where the threads are, can the pin be pushed through and out the other side.

dcc

This the pin which has a little pin inside it? to push the outer pin outwards to grip itself to its holding? if it is, maybe thats your answer right there, tap out the little pin, then tap out the other :)

Edited by dcc

mojo1997
This the pin which has a little pin inside it? to push the outer pin outwards to grip itself to its holding? if it is, maybe thats your answer right there, tap out the little pin, then tap out the other :D

Don't think it's in two parts, all I can see is a threaded part sticking out one side (well it was there before is snappedoff) and a small part of the pin poking out the other end..

philfingers

I know what you're thinking of DCC, the linkage arm possibly. Certainly the BE3 ones I've seen have a pin with a thread on one end. I have drilled them out in the past, damn things. And that's after heat too!

Tom Fenton

If you get stuck James bring it round and I'm sure we can get it out one way or another.

welshpug

IIRC you should be able to drive it out the other way, IF there's sufficient space, all the M7 thread is for is to attach a slide hammer to draw it out, later arms used a plain pin.

mojo1997

I think I'm going to try heat/pushing the pin out through the other side. Or maybe then a bit of drilling swearing and shouting at our lass.

I may take you up on your offer Tom, I want to try and get the engine back in the car next weekend (trying to get my arse into gear and get it back on the road ASAP)..

I've had a look on service box and the only part that looks like it is 6968-45 (a two part jobbie) is this the right one?

jplautomotive

217206 is the clutch arm pin

Matt Holley

What size diameter is the pin? We have one at work that had to be drilled out but dont know if he has gone to far, this is on a 306 na diesel if it makes any differance

welshpug

7mm :unsure: can't see any issues with increasing it to 8mm at all if needed.

Matt Holley
7mm :unsure: can't see any issues with increasing it to 8mm at all if needed.

I thought it might have been as there was an m7 thread on it, thanks

Sign in to follow this