• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cap

1.9 Gti 8v Weird Noise

Guest Cap

The other night i noticed car was making a weird noise slightly vibrating, started it the next day it was fine, tonight i drove home from work everything was ok then. Got home and replaced lower engine mount, had to remove driveshaft and so on, put it all back together (checked everything was tight) went for a test drive and it seems well down on power and is doing the most horrific vibrating as soon as i press down on accelerator weather i have the clutch down or not. It makes a weird noise when engaging the starter motor and the lights on the dash seem dimmer.

If anybody has any idea what the problem could be it would be most apreciated! :)

thanks

Cap

Also sorry for the way ive typed all this, im tired and annoyed.

Guest Cap

I replaced the mount with a bbm one, i know there supposed to be harsher but it just feels really bad.

large

If you have fitted a group n type mount, I think you may have your answer. as for the dash lights have you checked the adjustment under the stearing wheel.

nick

Could be loose gearbox bolts, but that usually disappears when you dip the clutch. Worth checking anyway.

Nick

Guest Cap

Thank you, turns out ive been noobish, its the bbm mount. I have been driving with a broken lower mount since i've had the car and didn't realise, it didn't seem bad. I did not expect it to vibrate this bad tho, car does feel more stable and the engine sits tight :). As for the dash I had some corrosion on the connector behind clock and just made myself more paranoid the more i thought about it.

Any idea if the mount will settle a bit and maybe absorb a little more vibration?

thank you

Cap

Tom Fenton

The BBM mounts definately do settle in, when I first fitted mine I was shocked at the vibrations, but give it 500-1000miles and you'll find it will settle in a lot and is no longer intrusive.

Kennyb

Yep defo settle down after a bit of driving.......mine made all the dash vibrate like a bunny at an ann summers night when I first installed it......still have a bit now but miles better...... :)

Sign in to follow this