• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Magneti Marelli Ign Amp

Kennyb

Hi guys....i've landed an MTR01 Magnetti Ign Amp..........Its 7 pins but the plug on my 1.9 Gti Is only six with a blank seventh

Will I be able to use it? It fits and everything but unsure about the seventh pin....... The amp I Have on at the mo is MTR01 Also :)

Cheers Guys

philfingers

should be fine if it's the same part no,

Phil

Kennyb

I think thats the type not part num but cant confirm?????.....there are some other numbers on it......has anyone had this the same?

chocolate_o_brian
Hi guys....i've landed an MTR01 Magnetti Ign Amp..........Its 7 pins but the plug on my 1.9 Gti Is only six with a blank seventh

Will I be able to use it? It fits and everything but unsure about the seventh pin....... The amp I Have on at the mo is MTR01 Also :D

Cheers Guys

I'd have thought so. If you look at my thread you will see I've had Ign. Amp issues today also :) Bloody things!

Anywho, the buggered Lucas Amp that came off was a 7 pin one, and the plug which went on had a spare terminal space. I would imagine you just rewire the same as before if that makes sense.

Kennyb

I guess so Just dont want to blow stuff up or cause a fire......it would devestate me killing the pug :-( ............hope i dont have a knightmare now... :)

DamirGTI

Will do :) no matter if it's 6 or 7pin amp as long as it's MTR 01 ... only difference between the two is additional pin No.7 which is "tacho out" signal , and it's unused on the Jetronic/Motronic management (if you look at the amp connector you'll see that the terminal for this pin No.7 is blank ..)

Just don't forget to put heat sink paste/jelly at the back of the amp prior to refitting ..

Damir :D

Kennyb

thanks again damir :)

MerlinGTI

where you get the magnetti amp Kennyb? :wub:

Kennyb

a ha.......I stumbled across it at this place..js rallying....they had just put it on ebay so I whipped it up pronto.....all installed and working fine.....cant say I can tell a difference in terms of performance but is smoother through the rev range.....but then again my other amp was foobarred :-(

maybe they could shed some light on sourcing one ;-)

Sign in to follow this