• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris-stdt

From Twin Carbs Back Fuel Injection ?

chris-stdt

Theres been a lazer green 1.9 gti sitting at my local garage for months and months ,asked the boy at the garage what the story was and was told it had been run on weber twin carbs and the owner hasnt had the carbs set/adjusted properly and the engine is shot due to over/under fueling (cant remember which he said!)

Because of this the owner has lost intrest due to the cost of a new engine (the engine thats in it has only done 1000 miles in the car as he cracked the original block from running it with no water)

What problems might i come up against if i was to source a complete engine and loom from another car and put it in ,its on a j plate (non cat so im told) .and i read somwhere once that the engines or more importantly the engine management in the last of the gtis where different so would i have to find a phase two engine?

Also what might the carbs be worth if i went down this road?

Thanks

Sorry for the bad grammer in the title i meant from twin carbs back to fuel injection but it wont let me change it now :wacko:

Edited by chris-stdt

TRYNKEEPUP

keep the carbs. get them set up at a rolling road. after you have found an engine, dont think it matters what age of engine it is.

chris-stdt

I hear what your saying but i wanted to put the car back to standard and dont want any further problems with badly set up carbs

projectpug

You wont have too many issues if you have the carbs RR tuned afterwards :blush:

Sign in to follow this