• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tesstuff

Automatic Gearbox

Tesstuff

I now have three problems with my auto Gentry gearbox so i am thinking a short time ahead and enquiring about availability of spare ones around.

Does anyone have a spare 205 auto gearbox?

Mine now leaks, slips down a gear when it should go up a gear on full throttle and has started to slightly jerk on each change, so i know it won't be too long until it dies.

Cheers

Daz

steve@cornwall
I now have three problems with my auto Gentry gearbox so i am thinking a short time ahead and enquiring about availability of spare ones around.

Does anyone have a spare 205 auto gearbox?

Mine now leaks, slips down a gear when it should go up a gear on full throttle and has started to slightly jerk on each change, so i know it won't be too long until it dies.

Cheers

Daz

Dumped one on Sunday :wacko:

GTI6BOY

There is 1 on my dimma and is coming off very shortly

Tesstuff
Dumped one on Sunday :D

Not only do you sell my car, but you dump a part i need, i am starting to feel you dont like me mate :wacko:

There is 1 on my dimma and is coming off very shortly

Dimma??? What engine is that box running with then?

Richie-Van-GTi
Mine now leaks, slips down a gear when it should go up a gear on full throttle

all autoboxes do, its called kickdown and its for over taking.

has started to slightly jerk on each change, so i know it won't be too long until it dies.

again every auto Ive driven does this. None are perfectly smooth.

Tesstuff
all autoboxes do, its called kickdown and its for over taking.

Ok Richie , just for you , i will explain it in a very s-i-m-p-l-e way to avoid any confusion which may also avoid any condescending replies in the future.

If i am stationary and put my foot to the floor and keep it there, it will go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th until the private runway runs out.

If i am travelling at say 50mph and i put my foot to the floor, instigating the kickdown , it will indeed kickdown to 2nd at that speed, whizz round the rev counter to the change UP point, and then proceed to change down to 1st, my engine screams, the needle of the rev counter goes as far as possible and i obviously within a millisecond back off.

This has happened twice and that is enough, so now i know not to instigate that action and i prefer to potter round and use only part throttle.

The 'jerky' action is new to me which is why i know it is a subsequence of something being amiss, i have never noticed changes before, they were always smooth, now i can feel a slight jerk of the car when it happens.

Thankyou.

Edited by Tesstuff

SeanO'Connor

My Audi never jerks when it changes gear, even when driving hard, it's smooth as silk.

GTI6BOY

Its attached to low comp 105bhp 1.9 gti engine

its very smooth on gear change

Sign in to follow this